There are many reasons why we might review your Direct Debit, even when you are in credit. Summer in particular, may seem like an odd month to review your Direct Debit, especially as you are more likely to be in credit right now. However, we are always reviewing customer accounts to check where you will be in terms of your balance when your contract is due for renewal.
When reviewing this regardless of where you are in your contract, we look at:
- What we thought you would use based on the information you gave us when you signed up.
- What you have used so far.
- Is your Direct Debit amount covering what you are actually using?
- What are you likely to use over the rest of your contract period
- And whether any credit and your expected Direct Debit payments will cover this.
- If you are in credit, do you have at least one month’s Direct Debit amount in your account? (i.e if you currently pay £85 per month, do you have at least £85 credit in your account?)
Ultimately, we want to ensure that when you come to the end of your contract, you have a zero balance, i.e you don’t owe us a big chunk of money that you were not expecting.
Does this make more sense? Has anyone been reviewed while in credit? How do you manage your energy bills based on the above? Does paying by Direct Debit work for you? Get sharing your thoughts and questions below.