Pinned Solved

Where's my final refund?

since last November been trying to get refund since switching . and DESPITE UMPTEEN PHONE CALLS no one has sorted out my rebate. you were happy to take my money but not happy to payback whats owed.
I would like some extra compensation now.
you have 7 days to respond otherwise I will have to take legal action
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 31 May 2017, 12:15

since last November been trying to get refund since switching . and DESPITE UMPTEEN PHONE CALLS no one has sorted out my rebate. you were happy to take my money but not happy to payback whats owed.

Hi @douglas82

I'm sorry to hear you're having to chase this up. I have replied to your PM asking for a bit more detail so we can take a look into this for you.

When you switch away, your new energy supplier sends us your final meter readings so we can send your final statements. If your OVO account is in credit, we’ll send a refund straight to the bank account your Direct Debit used to come from within 7 working days of receiving your final bills. This process usually takes up to 6 weeks which is an industry time-frame.

You have my PM so let me have your details and we'll look into this for you asap.

Darran
View original

42 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @douglas82

I'm sorry to hear you're having to chase this up. I have replied to your PM asking for a bit more detail so we can take a look into this for you.

When you switch away, your new energy supplier sends us your final meter readings so we can send your final statements. If your OVO account is in credit, we’ll send a refund straight to the bank account your Direct Debit used to come from within 7 working days of receiving your final bills. This process usually takes up to 6 weeks which is an industry time-frame.

You have my PM so let me have your details and we'll look into this for you asap.

Darran
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Great to see @Darran_OVO on the ball and helping with this!

Hopefully all is sorted for you soon
I left OVO in April and have an outstanding balance of £99 owed to me. Final meter readings were supplied but not refund of the balance has been given by OVO. What do I need to do to obtain the refund?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I left OVO in April and have an outstanding balance of £99 owed to me. Final meter readings were supplied but not refund of the balance has been given by OVO. What do I need to do to obtain the refund?

Hi @niguk welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to learn you've not received your expected refund - fear not please send @Max_OVO a private message with your full name, address, OVO account number & date of birth - Max will be able to look into this and advise you accordingly on next steps.

Hope this helps

Hey @niguk

I thought I'd merge your query into this topic to give you a better answer. If it's been over 6 weeks since you switched away and you've still not had a final refund, feel free to send @Max_OVO or me a PM with the details @Mattj3135 mentioned.

Hope this helps,
Emma
at 82 nearly 83 I'm still waiting for my refund to final bill.
you are clearly targeting old people who have changed companies and you do everything to not give any credit back .
it has been nearly a year since i left and each time I have had excuse after excuse . wait 6 weeks ,wait 10 days, wait another 10 days etc.
expect a phone call and nothing .blah blah blah .
I have used ovo forum hoping you would act and behave better but again I have got no where.
sort this out ovo . you managers have had my details umpteen times and still are useless. you need to be replaced as you don't seem to listen or act .you have 7 days to sort this out now other wise I will take this to national papers. I'm sure they will be very interested in how you treat the older generation an rob us .
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
at 82 nearly 83 I'm still waiting for my refund to final bill.
you are clearly targeting old people who have changed companies and you do everything to not give any credit back .
it has been nearly a year since i left and each time I have had excuse after excuse . wait 6 weeks ,wait 10 days, wait another 10 days etc.
expect a phone call and nothing .blah blah blah .
I have used ovo forum hoping you would act and behave better but again I have got no where.
sort this out ovo . you managers have had my details umpteen times and still are useless. you need to be replaced as you don't seem to listen or act .you have 7 days to sort this out now other wise I will take this to national papers. I'm sure they will be very interested in how you treat the older generation an rob us .

It's such a shame to hear this, @douglas82

I've sent you a PM with an update on the closing of your account - check it out when you can!

I've also moved this comment over to your original topic on your final refund, so it's all in the same place.

Hope that's OK,
Tim
Hi ive recently left ovo and wondered if inam owed any money. Plus i would also like to return to ovo
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi ive recently left ovo and wondered if inam owed any money. Plus i would also like to return to ovo

Thanks for posting, @Donnam

@douglas82 @niguk @Mattj3135 - able to help advise on this?

^Tim
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Donnam thanks for posting!

Re the refund from prior to you leaving OVO if you reach out to the OVO customer care team to establish what is owed, you may need to have your final meter readings to hand if these havent already been submitted to OVO, they will be best placed to help discuss this further.

Regarding coming back to the ovo family, if you go to the main ovo website and follow the get a quote now link and enter your details it will give you the option to come back over to ovo if youre happy with the quote.

Hope this helps please do let us know how you get on
I came here looking for advice on refunds, and it seems that I'm not alone in my refund not being processed promptly.

I decided to move from OVO back in July, and completed the move early in August. I was in credit when I left, and OVO continue to take money through my direct debit. 3 payments have been taken since I decided to leave, so I'm now even more in credit (the one taken today isn't yet showing on my OVO account).

When leaving I was advised by OVO not to cancel my direct debit, but surely this is not so you can continue to take payments when I haven't been liable to you for my usage for some 2 months?

So not only am I overdue a final bill, and a refund but OVO continue to take additional money from my account. I decided to leave OVO due to bad experiences with customer account handling, and it seems this continues even after I've left. Very disappointed.
Hi,

I left Ovo on the 2nd of Jan and I am still waiting for final bill and refund.

I have contacted both Ovo and my new supplier and they have both told me that it could take upto another six weeks as they have not received opening meter reading.

Is there anything else I can do, I don't want to be waiting months.

Thanks
Enzo
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Enzo,

I have discussed this on a previous occasion with the Office of the Energy Ombudsman.

It is entirely the responsibility of the Receiving Supplier to verify your data and upload it to the National Database.

Once they do this, the Relinquishing Supplier (OVO) have a few days to raise any objection such as querying a meter reading or reference number.

A fortnight after OVO agree/acknowledge the transfer they can generate their Final Bill. They don't do it earlier than this because the Consumer Credit Act gives you 14 days to change your mind.

So in this case it comes down to whether you furnished the Receiving Supplier with your meter readings on or about the agreed Switch-date. If you did so, then you need to check their Complaints Procedure and implement the first stage.

Hope that helps.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I did give closing meter readings but the two companies do not seem to he communicating with each other.

I have contacted both to try and get the ball rolling, so I will probably just have to wait and see.

I just don't want to be waiting months.

Thanks again for your reply.
Enzo
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @Enzo,

I've moved your posts over here where you should be able to find the information you need about about the final billing process.

Do comment below if you've got any more questions.

Nancy
I left OVO in December with an account £480 in credit. Each month since they have continued to take money by Direct Debit and so I am now £750 in credit. I can't get them to answer the phone or email.

This part of the OVO service is extremely poor and I would recommend anyone else to avoid OVO like the plague!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@jamescathycoleman I have answered this post here
I have been emailing since 15/11/18 to have the £64.00 credit on my old account refunded. The last email on 07/01/19 was a complaint but still no contact. That is very poor. When can I expect a payment?
I was a Fairerpower customer until last August. I then transferred to another supplier. I had just over £96 Credit on my account. Under the ‘Energyswitch Guarantee’, of which they are a member, they should have transferred it to my bank account within 14 days of final bill. I AM STILL WAITING!! Their phone lines are blocked and busy, and I can’t get through. I’ve ticked my account box on their website to ask for a refund, but no reply or no action from them. They are certainly not on my Christmas Card List!! Has anyone else suffered in a similar way? And how do I get my money back from this UNFAIR COMPANY. Is the Energy Ombudsman my next step? Thanks David
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
When can I expect a payment?

Still not sorted yet, @Frank63 @David Johnson ?

Transparent has linked to a similar topic above.

Any credit will be refunded once the final bill is made. If you've switched, this tends to be within 6 weeks of the switch date, if you've moved house, it's quicker. You'll just need to do the online move out form here!
Not so. I'm a landlord whose tenant took over responsibility for the bills last November. I did get one refund but OVO took another direct debit payment (although they knew the situation) before I had chance to cancel it. Now my account states a credit of £64.00 but when I try to claim online and click the button it says that I have a balance of £0.00 so cannot proceed with the refund claim.
When will I get my full payment of my outstanding balance & why have you took another direct payment out of my bank account after leaving OVO
Having transferred my energy supply to another provider on 24 January, Ovo received confirmation of change of supply reads on 1 February (Electric) and 9 February (Gas), however you fail to respond to repeated requests from me for a refund of my credit balance?
I am tired of receiving your standard automated response of "we're very busy"!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @Dave Stokes

Hopefully this link will help you. https://forum.ovoenergy.com/news-and-updates-47/economy-energy-credit-balances-5542

If not, I would recommend you call OVO and see if they are able to assist you.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
When will I get my full payment of my outstanding balance & why have you took another direct payment out of my bank account after leaving OVO

This thread has info on your final refund @jamieinsley - should be sorted within 6 weeks of the switch date!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings