Solved

My statement date is the same as my Direct Debit date - why does the payment not show?

• 16 January 2018
  • 1 reply

My statement is dated the 12th of the month.My Direct Debit is also dated the 12th.
Why does the payment not appear on the statement until the next month even though it appears online the next day?
On the monthly statements the balances are shown as debit and credit but the online they are shown with plus and minus signs which is confusing especially as the statement is out of date as soon as the payment is made and might change from debit to credit.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 17 January 2018, 18:29

Why does the payment not appear on the statement until the next month even though it appears online the next day?

Thanks @BillSpen

It can take a few days for your monthly payment to clear and show on your account. So a bill sent to you on the same day as that payment won't be able to show it.

Your first payment was soon after your supply start date, and the bill usually at the end of that first month onwards. So we tend to suggest the Direct Debit goes in towards the beginning of the billing cycle and the bill at the end. However that's your preference and you can change your Direct Debit payment date via My OVO here: http://ovoener.gy/myovo. If you wanted your statement date changed, drop us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Tim
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks @BillSpen

It can take a few days for your monthly payment to clear and show on your account. So a bill sent to you on the same day as that payment won't be able to show it.

Your first payment was soon after your supply start date, and the bill usually at the end of that first month onwards. So we tend to suggest the Direct Debit goes in towards the beginning of the billing cycle and the bill at the end. However that's your preference and you can change your Direct Debit payment date via My OVO here: http://ovoener.gy/myovo. If you wanted your statement date changed, drop us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Tim