Solved

I've moved out - Now OVO says I owe them money?

• 5 May 2019
  • 1 reply

I moved out of my flat a month ago and entered a reading when I left. As I didn't live in the flat for at least five months of the previous year, I was expecting a refund. I always get a refund when I move, often a significant one, because I tend to use less energy than a company anticipates. However, Ovo has continued taking payments out of my account as it says I moved out owing them £130+.

All the information from my online account has disappeared because I closed it, so I can't find out if they took my last reading into account. I want someone from Ovo to tell me whether they did.

I was paying a direct debit of around £34 per month. Given that I didn't live in the flat for much of last year and am still supposedly in debt to Ovo, they seem to have been charging me £80+ per month for my actual energy use. I'm shocked at how much I've been charged and have been recommending that other people don't go with Ovo.
icon

Best answer by Ed_OVO 6 May 2019, 15:47

@HKB I'd get in touch with our Care Team at hello@ovoenergy.com.

This is a rather complicated situation, and there's a few factors that could have caused this, so a member of the Care Team can have a look into it and explain or resolve this for you.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
@HKB I'd get in touch with our Care Team at hello@ovoenergy.com.

This is a rather complicated situation, and there's a few factors that could have caused this, so a member of the Care Team can have a look into it and explain or resolve this for you.

Thanks,
Ed