Solved

I've moved house - how do I get a refund of the credit left on my acocunt?

I've moved house and received a final bill from Ovo. I am now trying to get my credit refunded but can't continue because "As a finalled customer your direct debit plan details are not known to us." and there are no options for other payment methods.

How can I get this credit refunded?

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 May 2018, 13:06

Hey @TobyTom

If you've just received your final bill, your leftover credit balance will be automatically refunded back to the bank account we took your Direct Debit from (this can take up to 7 working days to reach you). If you paid in arrears, the refund will get posted to your forwarding address via cheque.

If you'd like me to double check that the refund is on it's way to you, please send me a PM via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy/ - including your full name, account number and DoB.

Cheers,
Emily
View original

3 replies

Hey @TobyTom

If you've just received your final bill, your leftover credit balance will be automatically refunded back to the bank account we took your Direct Debit from (this can take up to 7 working days to reach you). If you paid in arrears, the refund will get posted to your forwarding address via cheque.

If you'd like me to double check that the refund is on it's way to you, please send me a PM via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy/ - including your full name, account number and DoB.

Cheers,
Emily
I recently let Ovo know I was moving abroad and to close my account. They sent me my final statement which showed in the end I was £179 in credit, Great!
But my balance still shows as zero on my account and I can't request a refund??

Any help with this would be much appreciated, thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @Lewisbryan As per the comment above, you will automatically get the refund back into the bank account you used to pay us via.

Your account will show as blank as its now closed.

Darran