Solved

I've made a top up payment, will this reduce my debit balance?

• 9 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello.

I have joined OVO 10 months ago,and i'm already £1041 in debt with them,my current direct debit is £98/month,i made a top up payment today of £800,will that reduce my debt?

I just wanna reduce it,so i can switch to other supplier,who have lower prices on kwh,like British Gas.

I'd rather pay more a month,but would be nice to be in credit not debit.

icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 14 November 2019, 16:04

It sounds like the Direct Debit (DD) isn’t enough to cover your usage, @Istvan_87, which may explain the debit balance on your account.  Your DD is initially set based on the information provided when you signed up to us. 

Making a one off/top up payment will help reduce your debt, I’d also consider increasing your DD. This can be done on My OVO, just head to the payments section, we’ll suggest amount which will aim to clear the balance within 3 months and cover your usage. Find out more about this here

As soon as your debit balance is below £50, you can switch away. Bear in mind if you’re on a fixed tariff you may be charged exit fees if you leave before your contract ends. 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

It sounds like the Direct Debit (DD) isn’t enough to cover your usage, @Istvan_87, which may explain the debit balance on your account.  Your DD is initially set based on the information provided when you signed up to us. 

Making a one off/top up payment will help reduce your debt, I’d also consider increasing your DD. This can be done on My OVO, just head to the payments section, we’ll suggest amount which will aim to clear the balance within 3 months and cover your usage. Find out more about this here

As soon as your debit balance is below £50, you can switch away. Bear in mind if you’re on a fixed tariff you may be charged exit fees if you leave before your contract ends.