Solved

I need to change the recommended direct debit amount - What do I do?

• 17 May 2017
  • 4 replies

I have just signed-up to a new contract. My recent direct debits were very low because I had a large balance, which has now been almost eliminated. I want a direct debit that balances the cost over the whole year but OVO are still recommending the low figure. What should I do?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 18 May 2017, 15:08

Hey @sarlat- first of all, welcome to the forum! It’s great to have you onboard with us!

I just wanted to chip in here, to explain things in case other uses had the same query and wanted some help.

We will calculate a recommended Direct Debit on My OVO for you. It’s done in the ‘My Payments section’, and will be the minimum amount you can select. How we do this is explained in detail here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-did-you-work-out-my-new-direct-debit-amount.html. In short, we want you to finish your contract with a £0 balance.

Any anticipated increases in usage might mean it's best for you to go to that My Payments section and make an adjustment.

Lucy
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @sarlat- first of all, welcome to the forum! It’s great to have you onboard with us!

I just wanted to chip in here, to explain things in case other uses had the same query and wanted some help.

We will calculate a recommended Direct Debit on My OVO for you. It’s done in the ‘My Payments section’, and will be the minimum amount you can select. How we do this is explained in detail here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-did-you-work-out-my-new-direct-debit-amount.html. In short, we want you to finish your contract with a £0 balance.

Any anticipated increases in usage might mean it's best for you to go to that My Payments section and make an adjustment.

Lucy
Hi i want to change the date my direct debit comes out
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hello

This should be no problem, I did it myself a couple of years ago, I have also changed the billing date as well so that they are both at the beginning of the month.

I think I had to call Ovo to sort this out.
ok thanks