Solved

I feel my Direct Debit review is totally unfair, why has it increased?

• 28 March 2019
  • 79 replies

Show first post

79 replies

Userlevel 1

Topgun50, NoiseMaker and tinytess,

I had similar problems to Topgun50, although not at such a high value, but very annoying non the less. Also I had a smart meter providing half hourly readings. After twelve months of unsatisfactory “explanations” I too voted with my feet.

Grandfather Maxwell

Userlevel 1

Topgun50, NoiseMaker and tinytess,

I had similar problems to Topgun50, although not at such a high value, but very annoying non the less. Also I had a smart meter providing half hourly readings. After twelve months of unsatisfactory “explanations” I too voted with my feet.

Grandfather Maxwell

Shame, but not surprised about Ovo. I saw this coming from the moment I started with this company because if something seems too good to be true, it mostly is. Greed and profit before people as normal.

If my estimated annual usage is 950 per annum, why is my direct debit 107 per month!!?? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

When does your contract end. The DD payment is set to clear any balance from winter by the end of the current contract. This can lead to DD payments that are higher than (annual usage/12)

Or it could be an error, OVO do seem to have some difficulties setting what seems like reasonable figures to many customers.

As OVO pay customers interest on credit that far exceeds anything from the banks over paying is an attractive savings scheme as long as the increased payments will not cause hardship.  (Technically it isn’t interest which might be taxable but a discount on the bill which is not taxed)