Solved

I can't adjust my Direct Debit online - why?

I've been trying to reduce my direct debit payment online for several days. Keep getting a message to try again later. Anyone else experienced this?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 2 June 2017, 17:59

I've been trying to reduce my direct debit payment online for several days. Keep getting a message to try again later. Anyone else experienced this?

Hi Steve,

I can see you’ve PM’d me about this, and I’ve replied with some good news. I'm sure you won't mind that I've made this topic more searchable by editing the title and adding some tags.

As for anyone else, you’ll be able to adjust your Direct Debit via the app and My OVO page. We will have a recommended figure which will be the minimum amount possible, and a maximum amount that you can set it at. How we calculate this recommended Direct Debit is explained here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-did-you-work-out-my-new-direct-debit-amount.html.

If you do have issues changing the Direct Debit within this minimum/maximum range, drop us an email at: hello@ovoenergy.com or message the team on Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks,
Tim
View original

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
@ibern92 - I'm not sure what you mean? Happy to pass any feedback about the website on.
All very well moving posts over, what about Ovo sorting out the website?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @ibern92,

I've moved your post over here where you can find more info about Direct Debit amounts 🙂
I want to increase my direct debit. I have discussed this with a customer advisor. The website will not allow me to choose the amount. It remains fixed at an exorbitant amount. I have emailed ovo to ask why? I don't want to make another expensive phone call.
Thanks Tim, but the threads do not answer my question as to why I cannot put a lower than reccomended amout on my direct debit.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have a look at this thread @100133891 - lots of info and some chat about this Direct Debit system! This link is also worth a look!
I have had an email reccomending that I change my direct debit to £125.00 per month instead of the £100.00 I currently pay. I did not want to change it to £125.00, on;ly to £115.00. However, when I tried to change it the dropdown box would not let me change it to a lower figure than the £125.00. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi @101131291 I've moved your question here as the information on this topic might help answer your question.

Darran
I’m trying to increase my direct debit amount from £70 to £80 but it won’t allow me too.

Also my partner has noticed that although we have a smart metre installed we don’t have the screen which shows us the amount we use per day?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Apparently the direct debit amount is based on readings and actual usage. That said however it isn't always accurate which is why OVO are introducing a new billing method which should make direct debit calculations more accurate in the future. Their words not mine!
why can't I choose my own direct debit payment amount
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Steve,

I can see you’ve PM’d me about this, and I’ve replied with some good news. I'm sure you won't mind that I've made this topic more searchable by editing the title and adding some tags.

As for anyone else, you’ll be able to adjust your Direct Debit via the app and My OVO page. We will have a recommended figure which will be the minimum amount possible, and a maximum amount that you can set it at. How we calculate this recommended Direct Debit is explained here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-did-you-work-out-my-new-direct-debit-amount.html.

If you do have issues changing the Direct Debit within this minimum/maximum range, drop us an email at: hello@ovoenergy.com or message the team on Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks,
Tim
Thanks Matt. I'll contact Tim.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @steve.ingham welcome and thanks for posting.

I'm not a pay monthly customer so wouldn't know about this - it could be the system is updating for your latest bill- I speculate.

I would advise you to drop @Tim_OVO a private message with your full name, address, OVO account number & date of birth with you're preferred payment amount. Tim can then look into it for you and help you accordingly

Hope this helps

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings