Solved

How do I receive my Economy Energy refund if I was in the process of switching?

• 19 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Although there are related topics on final refunds I cannot find an answer to my question. I had already started a transfer of my gas and electricity supplies to Pure Planet when Economy energy ceased trading. I was in credit with Economy Energy  but have never received the refund due. How do I go about claiming this as I appear to have slipped through the net.

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 20 February 2020, 12:46

Hi @mackem47,

Welcome to the forum!

Tricky question! Essentially, the period of time for which you were with Economy has been retroactively changed to OVO now. So if you were switching from EE to PP, historically it will look like you’ve switched from OVO to PP, and we’ll be responsible for generating the final bill. 

Unfortunately due to the takeover process, the time it will take to get your final bill from OVO will not be subject to normal industry time frames, and could have taken much longer. If you’re still waiting, drop us a message on Facebook with your account number (or address and post code), full name and DoB and the team can investigate.

Thanks

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mackem47,

Welcome to the forum!

Tricky question! Essentially, the period of time for which you were with Economy has been retroactively changed to OVO now. So if you were switching from EE to PP, historically it will look like you’ve switched from OVO to PP, and we’ll be responsible for generating the final bill. 

Unfortunately due to the takeover process, the time it will take to get your final bill from OVO will not be subject to normal industry time frames, and could have taken much longer. If you’re still waiting, drop us a message on Facebook with your account number (or address and post code), full name and DoB and the team can investigate.

Thanks