How do I know if I’m entitled to a refund?

• 13 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Here’s a quick checklist so you know if a refund is possible or not:

Have you had a recent statement (within the last month)?

Have you submitted readings for your most recent statement? (if you have smart meters that are sending us your readings remotely for every monthly bill, you won't need to submit them)*

Do you have more than 1 month’s Direct Debit in your credit balance?

if it's: yes, yes yes, then you can get any of this excess credit refunded!

All of these checks can be completed via My OVO, and you can initiate the refund via My OVO as well: http://ovoener.gy/myovo

*Please note that if you're being asked for meter readings when applying for a refund, but you have a smart meter, it might be that you haven't had a recent statement or one of the meters isn't sending us your readings - email us to check: hello@ovoenergy.com.

4 replies

I cannot get a refund until I submit new meter readings and receive a statement. I have a smart meter so how does this work is it a glitch? Can you give me a date when a refund will be permitted in the month?
Userlevel 6
Badge
I cannot get a refund until I submit new meter readings and receive a statement. I have a smart meter so how does this work is it a glitch? Can you give me a date when a refund will be permitted in the month?

Hi @Esined,

I've moved your post onto this topic where yo ucan find more information about requirements for a refund. Let us know if you need any more help!

Nancy
Shocking, I requested a refund ( I have more than a Monthly payment in credit), the app tells me to send a meter reading and wait for my next bill, puzzled about this as I have a smart meter, why wait for the next bill too.....
Come on OVO sort this!
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @PBowler,

I've moved your post over here. As Tim mentions in the first post at the top - if you've got a smart meter and an up to date bill but you're still not able to process a refund, there's a possibility the meter (or one of them) is struggling to communicate with us. Drop the team a message on Facebook or Twitter so they can check it out for you. Be sure to include your account number, full name and DoB.

Cheers