Solved

How do I change Direct Debit details?

• 30 August 2018
  • 46 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
I've just switched to OVO and the first first payment will be taken on 18 September.
I want to use a different current account from the one I gave when I filled in the switch form.
How can I do it?
icon

Best answer by NinjaGeek 31 August 2018, 14:57

View original

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Updated on 26/06/23 by Abby_OVO:

Welcome, great to hear about your incoming switch to OVO.

If you’ve already got access to your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) you can change some of your direct debit details here, such as the payment amount or date. Check out the ‘payments’ page to make these changes and check the bank account details you have registered.

Exact appearance may vary

In order to change the bank account details, you’ll need to give the Support Team a call. You can reach them on 0330 303 5063 (lines are open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm). We need to check some security details and re-confirm the direct debit agreement, so we need to speak to you in order to get these details updated.

You can find out more about Direct Debits on our FAQs.

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Thanks.
That's very annoying. What's the point of having a personal account in a portal if I have to tell my bank details over the phone?
OVO, anything to say?
Userlevel 7

**UPDATED on 09/01/20**

Hey @lrnz,

It looks like this feature has been removed, hopefully it will be back soon ad we’ll be sure to get this thread updated.

In MyOVO everything in the left menu under Energy is greyed-out (not active): Meter readings, Usage, Payments, My profile.
None of that is available to me.
Hey @lrnz - could you send me a screenshot of this via a PM?

To send a PM - just click on my name and then 'send message'.
Userlevel 7
In MyOVO everything in the left menu under Energy is greyed-out (not active): Meter readings, Usage, Payments, My profile.
None of that is available to me.

I think this might be due to your account not being fully set up yet as you have only just switched. Apologies, I think we missed that in the initial responses. It can take up to 6 weeks from your switch date for your online account to be fully available to you. There are 2 options, you can call and update the details ahead of your first DD, or wait until the first DD has gone out and your online account is active, and change it ready for the next one.
I actually had a hunch that this was the case.
I called and changed the bank.
To me it looks like there is an inconsistency between being able to amend the DD over the phone but not through the online portal while the account is fully set up.
Userlevel 7
I actually had a hunch that this was the case.
I called and changed the bank.
To me it looks like there is an inconsistency between being able to amend the DD over the phone but not through the online portal while the account is fully set up.

Yes apologies for the confusion lrnz, while we set up everything with the industry behind the scenes when you come on board with us, there are certain functions within your online account that cannot be set up until that is complete, hence needing to call us during that time. However should you need to change this again in the future, you will be able to do this via your online account.

Darran
OK. Thanks.
On the OVO help pages it says that you can change your Direct Debit bank details online via MyOVO and your profile page.

Well, I can't. I can see my current Direct Debit details and can change the payment amount but not the bank details.
Can this only be done on the phone?

I did email 4 days ago but have had no reply. Currently sitting on hold whilst typing this and getting increasingly annoyed.....
Userlevel 7
On the OVO help pages it says that you can change your Direct Debit bank details online via MyOVO and your profile page.

Have a look above @Colin2030 - you should be able to amend the Direct Debit details as long as we some on file for you.

If not, give us a call, as we don't like to take down bank detail over email or social media for security purposes: http://ovoener.gy/myovo
I have had my email from Ovo showing me the details I had given for my DD when I signed up for the switch. This is now a bank account I no longer use. When I try to find a route through my Ovo to change the details, no such option appears.
The closest I get is:-
All about your direct debit
We’ll send your Direct Debit confirmation and guarantee together in one email - please take a minute to check that we’ve got the right bank account info. So long as everything’s OK, we’ll take your first Direct Debit on the stated date.
Wel this isn't the right bank account. What can I do about that?
Userlevel 6
Hey @colin.ingrid,

I've moved your post to this topic, the info you need is above.

Thanks!

Says you can change bank details in my profile but you cant only the direct debit

Userlevel 6

Check out the best answer, @Biddies1:slight_smile:

Hi, how do I change my direct debit bank account details my next payment is due in over 2 weeks days and I would to change it by then. But I can't find where on the site I have been looking in my payments section and the my profile section but could find anything to help me. Thanks :)

Userlevel 6

**UPDATED on 30/07/2019**

Hey @lrnz

I've just checked with the team, as I thought this was a bit odd, and the good news is you can now change this in MyOVO!

It's a bit hidden, but go to your account, then go to My Profile. About two thirds of the way down the page, you can update payment details! It's there!

I've updated ITGeek's answer too, so its fully correct and super helpful to others that may ask the same question!

Hey, @Reb58, check out the above best answer.

:relaxed:

Hi Amy_OVO, 

I have had a look based on the best answer, but still couldn’t find it. Please could you provide a screenshot of the part of the account details where this is. As I genuinely  cannot find where it is on the My Profile part of the website

Userlevel 5

Hey @Reb58,

Here’s a screenshot of where you need to click from my account:

I want to change the bank I use for my direct debit without losing my self service credit. How do I do it?

Userlevel 7

I want to change the bank I use for my direct debit without losing my self service credit. How do I do it?

Check out the ‘best answer’ at the top of this topic @jmrphys - if there’s any issue or you can’t work out how to change the DD details online, you won’t lose your Self Service Reward for calling :)

I did click on ‘My Payment Details’ as suggested above but simply got my  billing address, the direct debit amount and my balance but no indication of bank details and how to change them

Many thanks for response and reassurance 
HNY

Userlevel 7

I did click on ‘My Payment Details’ as suggested above but simply got my  billing address, the direct debit amount and my balance but no indication of bank details and how to change them

Hmm can you send a screenshot snippet of what you see? Hiding any personnel details. I might be that you’re on the new smart meter My OVO experience

Screen shot enclosed as requested

Userlevel 5

Thanks for sending that over, @jmrphys, you won't be able to change the bank details online this is something you’ll need to call about. Don’t worry though, this won’t affect your self service reward! :)

You can call the team on 0330 303 5063 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm.