Solved

Has anybody else had a rip off Direct Debit increase?

• 14 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Surprised this morning that my DD is being increased from £97 to £153 month. My gas and electricity usage is falling year on year and in the summer is less than £30 month. Last month my annual usage was £1300 a year and now suddenly it is over £2000 per year. I see that there are a lot of people on these threads being subject to what is no more than a cash grab by OVO energy. I have been with OVO for years and so am very surprised by this action as they have all my energy records over many years. Not only that but I have persuaded many family and friends to change to them. I feel very badly about this now. I will give them a couple of days to remedy the situation and then if it isn't put in a complaint to OFGEM and change supplier - anybody in the same situation ?
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 3 September 2019, 12:20

Are you looking at the recommended Direct Debit (DD) amount on My OVO, @DESHAW? Or have we sent you an email asking you to increase your payment?

If we haven't got in touch about your DD, and it's just a recommended amount on My OVO this can be ignored. It will change daily depending on where you are in your current billing cycle.

If we've been in touch about your payment and you think our figures are wrong, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use social media, contact the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Surprised this morning that my DD is being increased from £97 to £153 month. My gas and electricity usage is falling year on year and in the summer is less than £30 month. Last month my annual usage was £1300 a year and now suddenly it is over £2000 per year. I see that there are a lot of people on these threads being subject to what is no more than a cash grab by OVO energy. I have been with OVO for years and so am very surprised by this action as they have all my energy records over many years. Not only that but I have persuaded many family and friends to change to them. I feel very badly about this now. I will give them a couple of days to remedy the situation and then if it isn't put in a complaint to OFGEM and change supplier - anybody in the same situation ?

Hello there good afternoon, I hope you are well today :)

You can vary your Direct Debit at any time of your choosing by calling OVO free on 0330 303 5063.

A friendly advisor will talk you thru the very simple proccess :)

Hope that helps!

Have a lovely day,

Bumblebee 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Ps, be sure to check you have not been on a fixed rate tarrif that's come to an end!

You can save by choosing one again ;)

Best wishes
My household has halved in size since a year ago, so our energy usage has gone down. I accumulated a lot of credit (almost three month's worth). The graph showed what I was paying a month and the recommended amount was was lower. So I reduced the monthly direct debit (still above the recommended amount. This morning there is a warning message saying the direct debit level is much lower than the recommended amount. It seems to be an automated system. Best plan is not to look at it more than once a month.
Userlevel 5
Are you looking at the recommended Direct Debit (DD) amount on My OVO, @DESHAW? Or have we sent you an email asking you to increase your payment?

If we haven't got in touch about your DD, and it's just a recommended amount on My OVO this can be ignored. It will change daily depending on where you are in your current billing cycle.

If we've been in touch about your payment and you think our figures are wrong, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use social media, contact the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.