Who wants to meet up online? What shall we talk about?

Show first post

93 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think there’s a few more members who might be interested as well actually.

So I’m going to quickly take advantage of my ability to bypass the anti-spam for a second.

@JMB @mrmojorisin04 @hydrosam @juliamc @Gingernut49 @Rob Whitney @sylm_2000 @PeterR1947 @NinjaGeek @TomThumb @SandraAA and anyone else I didn’t mention, please do feel free to join us as well if you’d like to. The sign up thread can be found at

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Blastoise186 

I have signed up! Be nice to finally put faces to your usernames! Can’t wait!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That’s true. Except that I’m a mysterious Blastoise who hardly ever reveals himself. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’ve got some good news by the way… And some bad news!

Firstly, @Jess_OVO has confirmed she’ll be joining us for the event. As a new Full-Time Moderator, she’s only just started this week, so please say hi!

Also, I forgot to mention that Tim’s hairstyle no longer matches his avatar. I’m not going to spoil the surprise and reveal what he’s actually got these days though… But it’s more… Explosive… Than ever. :stuck_out_tongue:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And does your hairstyle match your avatar @Blastoise186 ?

Userlevel 7

Hi community members, 

Just a quick reminder about tomorrow’s online meet up, scheduled at 16:30 tomorrow. Event details here:

Thanks for RSVP’ing, @PeterR1947 @NinjaGeek @hydrosam @juliamc @Rob Whitney @hecate @Transparent @Simon1D @Jequinlan @Blastoise186 

Personally I’m really looking forward to (virtually) meeting you, and testing out this format for an online event. Even without a pandemic, with members living far apart, I think online events could be a good option for us longer term. 

For this first session based around our online account experience, I’ve not prepared much of an agenda. I’m hoping the discussion is member led, but ultimately I’d love to walk away from this session having a better understanding of how the group uses our online tools to reduce energy usage or become more energy aware. 

In a way it’s why we’re all here, it’s what this online community aims to do: help people to reduce their carbon footprint with technologies and behaviour changes. What better starting discussion then the tool everyone starts off with, our portal. 

I’ll be logging in a few minutes early so I’m there ready to admit attendees, so I’ll see you all then!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Can’t wait, am very excited! Thanks

Userlevel 5

If there’s one thing we’ve learnt from the pandemic, it’s how to hold a virtual meeting! 

I’ll be on hand to help @Tim_OVO keep things on track and make sure everyone gets the chance to chip in. As the new gal on the block, am very much looking forward to putting a few faces to names and learning a bit more about what makes everyone tick.

See you all tomorrow :slight_smile:

Userlevel 4
Badge

can’t make tomorrow but would be interested in any other future events like this! :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Cant see how to join

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Rob Whitney ,

Did you lose track of the invite link? I can PM you the details again if you’d like me to. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Rob Whitney ,

Did you lose track of the invite link? I can PM you the details again if you’d like me to. :)

Yes please. This forum is very confusing 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Done!

If anyone else needs a reminder, feel free to give me a shout. As long as you’re on the RSVP list, I can use my TARDIS to travel back in time and retrieve your invites.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

By the way @Rob Whitney , I should probably let you know where to find PM’s from me.

The easiest way to check your inbox is via this link, which will work for anyone who’s logged in. I could give you a direct link to the thread that would be with me directly, but the main inbox is more reliable.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Tim_OVO one check on today. You say this

A link will appear when you RSVP to this event, which you can use to join the meeting when the time comes.

It’s recommended that you log out of your Google account, or go ‘Incognito’ in your browser before joining, to avoid your Google account name being shown.

But I’ve just done a quick test - If I’m browsing Ingognito or logged out of Google account, I can’t use the link, which I think is this:

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/events/event-our-first-online-meetup-of-2021-1

Or am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ah yes, it’s actually slightly different to that @hecate .

Once you sign up, the invite URL for the Google Meet session itself is revealed. And that link is the one which works anonymously. If you can’t find it, I can definitely send you a PM with the details. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge

Ok Thanks @Blastoise186 I can see this in Google Calendar.

I’m assuming that’s the link “meet.google….” which I can than copy into a broswer while not logged in to Google?? PM me if that’s not the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, that’s the one.

You can also type the link in manually into Incognito Mode, copy/paste it or do a few other tricks. Whichever works best :)

Userlevel 7

45 minute reminder for this - see you there!

Thanks for RSVP’ing, @PeterR1947 @NinjaGeek @hydrosam @juliamc @Rob Whitney @hecate @Transparent @Simon1D @Jequinlan @Blastoise186 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I might already be waiting in the lobby… Possibly… Maybe...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Can someone ping me the meet url @Transparent @Blastoise186 @Tim_OVO @Jess_OVO  as I cannot get it clicking the calendar link!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Am I missing out I copied url from above and seem to be waiting...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm. I’ve tried the same and I can’t get in. I just get “Someone on the call has denied your request to join”.

That’ll teach me to roast Jess on her first week. :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Same here. I seem to be on my own, but at one point @Transparent seemed to want o join, then went

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well I’m now in video contact with @hecate but there’s no one else here.

We’ve used the url ending ofc-mxka-sgc