Solved

How do I apply for sponsorship of new low carbon heating for the support program from Ofgem?

• 9 January 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi

Can anyone direct me to the team dealing with the innovation applications for sponsorship of new low carbon heating for the support program from Ofgem?

icon

Best answer by Transparent 14 January 2020, 20:09

That’s interesting @NickG.

Could you please fill out your Forum Profile page so we can see a bit more info about you and your geographical whereabouts?

And then please tell us more…

A: Are you a designer/developer of a new eco product?

B: Are you involved in a project to build new houses?

I’m a self-builder and I’m currently discussing with my Local Planning Authority the style of eco-housing they wish to see on two medium-sized plots in my area. So I’m interested to hear about your project whatever your answers to the above.

If you’re wary of disclosing detail on an open public forum, then send me a Private Message by clicking on my Transparent name.

Thanks.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6

Great question, @NickG, I’ve changed your title to help other users find this topic. 

I’m going to try and do a bit of digging regarding this and I’ll be back with you asap, in the meantime, @Transparent, if you can offer any insight that would be great! 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @NickG - The only Low Carbon Networks initiative I’m currently aware of from Ofgem is the funding they release to projects proposed by Distributed Network Operators (DNO)

I am a team-member on just such a project called OpenLV in which Western Power Distribution partnered with 3 categories of external organisations to monitor sub-stations. The academic and commercial categories have now completed their studies. The seven Community Groups are to continue their work but now with direct funding from Western Power rather than Ofgem.

If this is the sort of project you have in mind, then who is your DNO and what communication do you have with them?

Hi it was Under the ECO3 where you can have a low carbon heating system installed in houses etc and the energy supplier would monitor the electrical supply to those houses to prove low carbon usage. This is something that new builds are aiming towards. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Ah… that makes sense @NickG 

So there must be a contact within OVO who knows their Supplier Obligations under ECO3.

Let’s see if we can find a Moderator who knows who this might be: @Nancy_OVO? @Tim_OVO?

Userlevel 6

Take a look at this link, @NickG, does this help? 

Hi Thank you for that, yes this is one part of eco3 which is more for grants to be able to obtain eco products for the home retro fit if you like. We are more interested in finding a energy supplier that wants to sponsor a new eco product under the eco3 Scheme  for new builds 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That’s interesting @NickG.

Could you please fill out your Forum Profile page so we can see a bit more info about you and your geographical whereabouts?

And then please tell us more…

A: Are you a designer/developer of a new eco product?

B: Are you involved in a project to build new houses?

I’m a self-builder and I’m currently discussing with my Local Planning Authority the style of eco-housing they wish to see on two medium-sized plots in my area. So I’m interested to hear about your project whatever your answers to the above.

If you’re wary of disclosing detail on an open public forum, then send me a Private Message by clicking on my Transparent name.

Thanks.