Solved

What do the flashing lights on my Smart meter mean?

• 28 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

There are green and one red light flashing on my smart meter  my IHD is not working is this the cause

icon

Best answer by Transparent 29 July 2020, 10:21

Hi @Derek Higgs. These LED indicators are on the Communications Hub, bolted on top of your electricity meter.

The left LED displays information about the power status and the Wide Area Network. As you’re in the Northern Territory, the WAN signals are picked up by a network of 70 masts operated by Arqiva.

The right LED gives the status of the Home Area Network. This links to your IHD and gas meter (if present).

Under normal operating conditions, both LEDs provide a green flash once every 5 seconds. This is called the Slow Frequency.

Which LED is red?

Is it flashing once every 2 seconds (Medium frequency), or faster?

Here are the three possible frequency patterns for a fault. But as you’re in the Northern Territory, they will flash red, not green:

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Derek Higgs. These LED indicators are on the Communications Hub, bolted on top of your electricity meter.

The left LED displays information about the power status and the Wide Area Network. As you’re in the Northern Territory, the WAN signals are picked up by a network of 70 masts operated by Arqiva.

The right LED gives the status of the Home Area Network. This links to your IHD and gas meter (if present).

Under normal operating conditions, both LEDs provide a green flash once every 5 seconds. This is called the Slow Frequency.

Which LED is red?

Is it flashing once every 2 seconds (Medium frequency), or faster?

Here are the three possible frequency patterns for a fault. But as you’re in the Northern Territory, they will flash red, not green: