Solved

Is this the most confusing forum you've ever used?

• 29 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Is it just me or is this as subject title asks?

I find it near impossible to navigate with any meaning, never used a forum like it?
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 10 November 2017, 12:45

Hi @stead

Thanks for your feedback, definitely some things we can look to take on board there. We are looking to make some updates in the next few weeks to the structure on the forums themselves to make things easier for customers to find, so look out for that.

In regards the how to reply to a topic, I'm not sure how much clearer we can make that, we already have a large Reply text and box at the bottom of each thread which is common across most forums, so would be interested to see if this is driven by confusion from the email you were sent, or this page?

@dorinho That's interesting in regards to the feedback as it shouldn't pop quite that soon, so we will investigate that!

Also in regards to having to login with different details, we are not yet in a position to allow you to use your OVO login details for the forum. Its on our roadmap, but we have some technical difficulties to overcome on that one until we can make that a reality.

Thanks again to you both for your feedback, all very useful. :)

Darran
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Is it just me or is this as subject title asks?

I find it near impossible to navigate with any meaning, never used a forum like it?

Hi stead, sorry to hear you find the forum confusing. We are definitely keen to get your feedback on exactly what you find confusing so we can try and improve it for all of our users.

Please comment below to share what are the biggest issues you see and we will see what we can do.

Look forward to your feedback. Be good to hear if anyone else has any feedback to help us improve things?

Darran
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Took me a while to find out how to reply to this thread!

navigation seems near impossible to make sense of, I've got a 1440p monitor and yet its not obvious the locations, most of my screen seems to be taken up with 3 images on the main section, the top half of the screen is just a big banner, every section has a tiny amount of the actual forum

It just feels unfinished, maybe its just the colour scheme, I'm not sure, but I find this the most confusing forum I've used?

I think the biggest issue is the huge amount of non functional space, maybe it scales better on lower resolutions? I just find it hard to navigate
So far I haven't have the same navigation problems as stead but I'm annoyed by:
- a feedback popup covering a quarter of the screen, which appeared about 10 seconds after I'd entered the forum. It wanted to know whether I'd found what I was looking for. No, after 10 seconds, I hadn't
- having to create a forum user-id when I was already logged into the Ovo Energy site. I have enough user-ids and passwords already. Could you synchronise the two?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi @stead

Thanks for your feedback, definitely some things we can look to take on board there. We are looking to make some updates in the next few weeks to the structure on the forums themselves to make things easier for customers to find, so look out for that.

In regards the how to reply to a topic, I'm not sure how much clearer we can make that, we already have a large Reply text and box at the bottom of each thread which is common across most forums, so would be interested to see if this is driven by confusion from the email you were sent, or this page?

@dorinho That's interesting in regards to the feedback as it shouldn't pop quite that soon, so we will investigate that!

Also in regards to having to login with different details, we are not yet in a position to allow you to use your OVO login details for the forum. Its on our roadmap, but we have some technical difficulties to overcome on that one until we can make that a reality.

Thanks again to you both for your feedback, all very useful. :)

Darran
Thanks for replying so quickly. Appreciate that single sign-on isn't the easiest thing to do.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I honestly can't remember what it was like before, but I seem to find I can actually find things now.

Reading my previous comments the site seems to of changed for the better!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings