Solved

How do I update my username on the OVO forum?

I`m advised to change my ovo ID to something non account specific.How do I do this?

I can`t find a setting to do this
icon

Best answer by Transparent 4 December 2018, 21:00

Hi @andrew_clure
A Forum User-ID change can be done by one of the Moderators, such as @Nancy_OVO or @Tim_OVO. I've just deliberately tagged two of them so they'll receive an on-screen alert to view this Topic.

Once they make the change, all your existing messages to the Forum will automatically change to display the new ID. So there will be no public record of what your ID used to be.

I suggest you click on the two Moderator names I've just mentioned, and send each a Private Message by clicking the purple Send Message button on their Profile Page. Choose a memorable non-descript name, such as I have, and they will check to make sure it's not already taken.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Paul

Am sorry to say I dont have any solution to this problem, even after lookong at my own profile settings. I hope I can be of some help by tagging some of the OVO admins in the hope they can help.

@Tim_OVO, @Emily_OVO can you shed any light on changing an OVO ID
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Emma_G and @Paul.O.OVO

Hopefully this is resolved! I can see Paul's new username so fingers crossed its all working now!

Let us know if you have any further issues Paul and thanks Emma for stepping in to help!

Darran
Thanks Emma and Darran for
resolving my sign on issue.
Paul
how on earth do I change my forum user name? When signing up for the forum it does not state that the user name would publicly visible.

So, is it possible to change this, or even just create a public alias?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello @andrew_clure

I do not believe this function is available for users but I am sure one of the lovely people at OVO might be able to change it for you.

@Nancy_OVO Is this possible for you awesome peeps?
If a username cannot be changed then can my account be deleted along with my username/personal information?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @andrew_clure

Your username should be able to be changed by someone in the OVO team. Any changes that need to be made I would recommend you call OVO.

Many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @andrew_clure
A Forum User-ID change can be done by one of the Moderators, such as @Nancy_OVO or @Tim_OVO. I've just deliberately tagged two of them so they'll receive an on-screen alert to view this Topic.

Once they make the change, all your existing messages to the Forum will automatically change to display the new ID. So there will be no public record of what your ID used to be.

I suggest you click on the two Moderator names I've just mentioned, and send each a Private Message by clicking the purple Send Message button on their Profile Page. Choose a memorable non-descript name, such as I have, and they will check to make sure it's not already taken.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
What the geezer above said 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@temporary-new-name - name change made - if you'd like a forum username a bit more catchy, let me know and I'll make the edit! 😎