Solved

How do I change my email address on the OVO Forum?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi, because my email provider is closing the email service I had to change my email address. I have made the changes on my payg+ account but can't find where to do so on my forum account and all notifications are going to the old address. Help!!!!! I don't want to be missing the goss. 🆒
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 17 May 2017, 16:44

Hi @Smiter I checked into this and there is some functionality that's pretty tricky to implement on the forum to allow users to amend their own email address.

Because you have to verify your email address when setting up your profile, it could cause problems if users are free to change it at any time.

We're aware that this will crop up from time to time for users so are looking at how we can improve that, but for now, hopefully it won't cause too many issues and users should just contact myself or a moderator and we'll be happy to help.

As and FYI - We had a lot of interest last week at the company meeting in your Mini Ark!!

Darran 😃
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi, because my email provider is closing the email service I had to change my email address. I have made the changes on my payg+ account but can't find where to do so on my forum account and all notifications are going to the old address. Help!!!!! I don't want to be missing the goss. 🆒

Hey @Smiter I've just had a nosy and can't find an option within the settings to do this!

@Tim_OVO @Lucy_OVO or @Darran_OVO could you advise please and include in the how to guide for using the forum? 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Oh good thought it was me being a bit dim lol

Freda
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Darran_OVO can you please advise our good friend? I must be missing something with this ๐Ÿ˜
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi both,

@Smiter I believe this is something I can sort out for you! We definitely don't want you missing out on all the goss!!

Send me a PM with your new email address and I should be able to update it for you. :)

Darran
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
All sorted now but surely should be an option in account settings. Xx
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Glad its all sorted 🙂

That's a good question, I'm not sure why it's not an option. I'll check that out.

Darran
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Smiter I checked into this and there is some functionality that's pretty tricky to implement on the forum to allow users to amend their own email address.

Because you have to verify your email address when setting up your profile, it could cause problems if users are free to change it at any time.

We're aware that this will crop up from time to time for users so are looking at how we can improve that, but for now, hopefully it won't cause too many issues and users should just contact myself or a moderator and we'll be happy to help.

As and FYI - We had a lot of interest last week at the company meeting in your Mini Ark!!

Darran 😃
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
thanks for that feedback, I really need to get photos of the ark to put up, however at the moment it would be 22 pics as I don't have group photos. will sort that out soon. 😃
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
thanks for that feedback, I really need to get photos of the ark to put up, however at the moment it would be 22 pics as I don't have group photos. will sort that out soon. :D

Looking forward to seeing your arc 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
thanks for that feedback, I really need to get photos of the ark to put up, however at the moment it would be 22 pics as I don't have group photos. will sort that out soon. :D

@Smiter And me! I second @Mattj3135 - I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Just a quick one @Smiter - I've tweaked the title of this old topic and made Darran's reply the best answer - that way other users will know to send us a PM when they want their forum email changed!

Thanks,
Tim