Solved

Do OVO offer a tariff suitable for THTC metering system?

• 25 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I am a tennant, the heating and hot water system runs off a THTC storage system off peak on meter1 radio telemeter series k,  meter2,   (the rest of my supply) a SPWHM   (single phase watt hour meter). I’ve spent hours trying to find the tariff for us. My agreement with SSe ends today so they will rise my rates from today, can you advise?

icon

Best answer by Transparent 25 May 2020, 17:58

Hi @anthony jenkins  and welcome to the Forum.

That’s an excellent question to post here.

At the moment I’m assuming that you live in Scotland, and that your present Energy Supplier is SSE. But in any case, please fill out your Forum Profile because that’s where we look for such background information.

The concept of THTC metering is still part of current UK Government strategy for future domestic energy, but it’s being evolved to fit within the overall framework called Demand Side Response.

OVO have a division called Kaluza who use a central computer to “sell” electricity to consumers at the optimum pricing point for their daily needs. The Kaluza Platform can also buy-back electricity at peak-times if it’s been stored in a Home Battery or Electric Vehicle (via a V2G charger). Home owners with these facilities are automatically credited for the difference in price.

Like the THTC Meter, the Kaluza Platform has weather forecast as an input. It therefore calculates your energy requirement several hours in advance.

OVO have partnered with Dimplex to embed their control electronics within their Storage Radiators. These Quantum radiators are provided with sufficient electricity to maintain your pre-set room temperature for the following day.

Unlike your existing THTC radiators, you only require one meter. The Kaluza Platform automatically accounts for electricity consumed at the lower rate by the Storage Radiators.

I hope that answer is heading in the direction you’re hoping for.

Please feel free to ask for further help and clarification.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @anthony jenkins  and welcome to the Forum.

That’s an excellent question to post here.

At the moment I’m assuming that you live in Scotland, and that your present Energy Supplier is SSE. But in any case, please fill out your Forum Profile because that’s where we look for such background information.

The concept of THTC metering is still part of current UK Government strategy for future domestic energy, but it’s being evolved to fit within the overall framework called Demand Side Response.

OVO have a division called Kaluza who use a central computer to “sell” electricity to consumers at the optimum pricing point for their daily needs. The Kaluza Platform can also buy-back electricity at peak-times if it’s been stored in a Home Battery or Electric Vehicle (via a V2G charger). Home owners with these facilities are automatically credited for the difference in price.

Like the THTC Meter, the Kaluza Platform has weather forecast as an input. It therefore calculates your energy requirement several hours in advance.

OVO have partnered with Dimplex to embed their control electronics within their Storage Radiators. These Quantum radiators are provided with sufficient electricity to maintain your pre-set room temperature for the following day.

Unlike your existing THTC radiators, you only require one meter. The Kaluza Platform automatically accounts for electricity consumed at the lower rate by the Storage Radiators.

I hope that answer is heading in the direction you’re hoping for.

Please feel free to ask for further help and clarification.