Solved

Why have I received a letter from OVO asking me to restart my monthly direct debit when I don’t use OVO or even have utility bills from any supplier?

• 8 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Can someone explain why i have received a letter from ovo energy asking me to restart my monthly direct debit when I don’t use ovo energy and I don’t even have any utility bills from any supplier.

It would be interesting to find out exactly what is going on here

icon

Best answer by drb123 12 October 2020, 10:02

All sorted...im not the bill payer as i live with a family member so should have zero utilties in my name.

the web chat people gave me a phone number to ring so the bill payer rang them as instructed but i had to speak to them too… anyway the details used to sign me upto ovo did not maych the details I use and gave the woman on the phone so they cancelled everything for them…. It sounded like if the details had been correct I would have been liable for £90+. 

Still no idea who or what had signed me up or why I was on ovo’s books but for the fact whoever did it did not know or have my correct mobile number or email address I would have struggled to get out of it… all seems very dodgy to me but as far as ovo are concerned I am free from them now

I dont even use those energy price comparison sites so no clue what happened

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @drb123 and welcome to the Forum

That’s an interesting question!

OVO have taken over three other major Energy Suppliers in the past 18 months, but if you’re not under contract with any of them, then the mystery remains.

The usual reason for such things going wrong is when there are new houses being built in an area and the master post-code system hasn’t caught up with what the new arrangement is. In past week I’ve had two courier deliveries for a Bovis Homes site in my area because they haven’t properly registered the road names yet.

Head over to the Help Centre and you’ll find all the contact details you need there.

Please post back here if things don’t get sorted.

Userlevel 7

^^^^ exactly ^^^^

What’s the latest, @drb123? If you’re the bill payer at the property, you will have an energy supplier….

All sorted...im not the bill payer as i live with a family member so should have zero utilties in my name.

the web chat people gave me a phone number to ring so the bill payer rang them as instructed but i had to speak to them too… anyway the details used to sign me upto ovo did not maych the details I use and gave the woman on the phone so they cancelled everything for them…. It sounded like if the details had been correct I would have been liable for £90+. 

Still no idea who or what had signed me up or why I was on ovo’s books but for the fact whoever did it did not know or have my correct mobile number or email address I would have struggled to get out of it… all seems very dodgy to me but as far as ovo are concerned I am free from them now

I dont even use those energy price comparison sites so no clue what happened

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @drb123 - I’ve just sent you a Private Message (PM) with further information in it which you might find helpful.

Thank you so much transparent, replied with thanks