Solved

I was emailed by OVO to say I was due a refund because they over charged me during my switch - is this genuine?

• 31 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Ovo energy emailed me to say that I was due a refund because they over charged me during my switch. The refund was supposed to be payed into my bank account within 6 days but it never

arrived.

I was given a number to call, but before I do I want to know if the email was genuine or just another scam. How do I find out? 

The contact number I was given was 03303035063 

icon

Best answer by Jequinlan 1 September 2020, 08:49

Updated on 01/09/20: Please be advised that we did email a number of customers at the end of August 2020, to advise about an overcharge, either relating to moving between fixed contracts, or related to a switch in supplier.

All effected accounts will have a note (memo) to confirm this. You can check with our support team if you were effected, and get an update on this refund if you’re still waiting. We’re on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat!

Hi @Summer2018

The official OVO number is 0330 303 5063 so this is fine to call

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Updated on 01/09/20: Please be advised that we did email a number of customers at the end of August 2020, to advise about an overcharge, either relating to moving between fixed contracts, or related to a switch in supplier.

All effected accounts will have a note (memo) to confirm this. You can check with our support team if you were effected, and get an update on this refund if you’re still waiting. We’re on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat!

Hi @Summer2018

The official OVO number is 0330 303 5063 so this is fine to call