Solved

I've received an email to say we use GoCardless DD, what does this mean?

• 31 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Anyone received a direct debit change confirmation saying ‘We use GoCardless to process your direct debit payments...’? What’s that all about?

icon

Best answer by Leo Moran 10 January 2020, 13:41

@Mike90216 , I think GoCardless is what Polar Plus use to bill you for electricity used at chargers. Although OVO bill you for your membership and the electricity they supply, Polar bill you separately…

Leo

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6

Sorry about the delayed reply, @Mike90216, I’m not aware of a change, best to check this over with the team. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or message the team on webchat through the Help Centre. You can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks! 

Userlevel 6

@Mike90216 , I think GoCardless is what Polar Plus use to bill you for electricity used at chargers. Although OVO bill you for your membership and the electricity they supply, Polar bill you separately…

Leo

Contact the team? I’m too scared of losing the Reward to do that! Is it just me then? To clarify, I changed my DD amount in December and received the email confirmation of the new amount. Here’s the text of that message (I’ve removed the personal details obviously)….

Hello Michael,

Here is your Direct Debit confirmation

Here are the details:

Account name:  
Day of collection:  
Date of first collection:  
Bank account number:  
Bank:  
Amount:  

For your information, we will make the collections using this reference:

Service User Number:  
Reference:  

We use GoCardless to process your direct debit payments. More information on how GoCardless processes your personal data and your data protection rights, including your right to object, is available at https://gocardless.com/legal/privacy/.

Thanks,
The OVO Team

So a third party who I have no knowledge of is involved in the collection of my DD payments? And I have to agree to their privacy policy? I’ve read a most of it and already seen 17 other parties involved who also have their own privacy policies for me to read.

To ‘object’, apparently I have to ring somebody somewhere who I don’t know from Adam. And presumably, if I do, I won’t be able to pay by direct debit and therefore lose the Reward.

This is not the OVO I joined 5 years ago!

Userlevel 6

You may have been transferred to our new online experience, @Mike90216, which is why a new Direct Debit was set up. If you get in touch with the team they’ll be able to confirm this - you won’t lose your Self Service Reward because of this.

Leo

You may have been transferred to our new online experience, @Mike90216, which is why a new Direct Debit was set up. If you get in touch with the team they’ll be able to confirm this - you won’t lose your Self Service Reward because of this.

Yes. I recently signed in to the new online system. Nobody told me an unknown third party would be accessing my bank account instead of OVO.  I’ll complain to OVO. Thanks for your suggestion.