Solved

I've been upgraded to the new online account and statements are missing - why?

• Carbon Cutter****
  • 13 replies

Sorry to repeat this topic however my last question has just been deleted. Some of my previous comments have now been tagged into a different (non-related) thread.

I have just migrated to your new website and notice that I do not have a bill for April except a strange zero record for 30th alone. Are you having problems with your April 2020 billing run?

Thanks

Paul

icon

Best answer by Transparent 5 May 2020, 20:34

Erm… Yes, I see what you mean @Paul5 

@Amy_OVOwhy is the discussion between Paul5 and I moved into this Topic on Smart Meter experiences? He has stated he doesn’t have one, and I wrote that his issues are unconnected to the plethora of Smart Meter data-missing reports we’re seeing.

If the Moderators don’t want this thread isolated, would it be appropriate to relocate the earlier discussion to this other Topic about the new Online Account Website? That’s where I’d expect to find it.

Paul5 I think you should email them anyway because the bit about the incorrect credit balance being moved across is something that must be fixed only for you.

The wider issues about the incorrect filename for downloading a PDF and having no bill for April (see above) will need addressing by the programming team (based in London).

I’ve deliberately provided the links here in case your messages get relocated again before Customer Services deal with your email. Please give them the URL for this Topic and make sure they know your Forum ID is paul5 so that they stand a fighting chance of reading this discussion!

View original

15 replies

I also note that the migrated balance is not the same as the balance at the end of the bill I received at the end of March. Should I email you to discuss this or are you working on a bigger problem?

Paul

You have just upgraded my online account which is very confusing it was so easy before now after the upgrade my statement for April to May as disappeared  leaving my account balance all wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Erm… Yes, I see what you mean @Paul5 

@Amy_OVOwhy is the discussion between Paul5 and I moved into this Topic on Smart Meter experiences? He has stated he doesn’t have one, and I wrote that his issues are unconnected to the plethora of Smart Meter data-missing reports we’re seeing.

If the Moderators don’t want this thread isolated, would it be appropriate to relocate the earlier discussion to this other Topic about the new Online Account Website? That’s where I’d expect to find it.

Paul5 I think you should email them anyway because the bit about the incorrect credit balance being moved across is something that must be fixed only for you.

The wider issues about the incorrect filename for downloading a PDF and having no bill for April (see above) will need addressing by the programming team (based in London).

I’ve deliberately provided the links here in case your messages get relocated again before Customer Services deal with your email. Please give them the URL for this Topic and make sure they know your Forum ID is paul5 so that they stand a fighting chance of reading this discussion!

Userlevel 5

Hey @Ivor Appleyard, I’ve moved your topic over here, as it’s very similar.

We’re switching the majority of our customers over to the new online system, as the old system will soon be obsolete. 

All feedback is really helpful for us, so we know what parts need improving, so thanks for letting us know your criticisms.

The previous statements should be loaded onto your account soon, so you should be able to see everything in the coming weeks.

If there’s anything you stuck trying to do, we’re creating a bunch of tutorials which may help you navigate the new system better.

Thanks,

Ed

@Ed_OVO 

In addition to the missing bill for April I also have inconsistencies in my migrated balance. My account has really been messed up by the migration. The old website was so straight forward and a joy to use. As the numbers are personal I have sent details by email. 

Also, I have just received an email stating my statement is ready but nothing has changed on the website so I am still only able to see a strange zero balance summary for April.

Paul

Userlevel 5

In that case @Paul5, I’d get in touch with us directly, so we can see why the balance is different.

I’d recommend sending us a message to our FacebookTwitter or our Help centre has online chat!

We’ll then be able to look at your previous balance and work out what’s happened here.

Thanks,

Ed

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Aagh!

Thanks for posting again @Paul5 

If the account migration has caused errors in the actual billing, then this is quite serious. I obviously can’t see the figures you’re seeing, but it sounds odd that any customer could end up with exactly £0 as the balance!

It would be equally bizarre if you were the only customer who had such a software fault apply to them… and that’s even more worrying.

I expect that the Moderators ( @Ed_OVO ) will be alerting the Compliancy Manager. That’s the internal team which ensure OVO obeys all the rules and doesn’t fall foul of Ofgem.

Please don’t worry if this all turns out to be a mistake on your part. It’s far better that OVO are made aware of a possible issue than not!

Have a gold star! :star:

@Ed_OVO, I have used the email route as I don’t have social media to discuss my account details.

Please can you still respond the general situation with April billing here please.

Thanks

Paul

How can i get a refund if i do not know mt true balance why change the system to a even worse one.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Ivor Appleyard

The new platform is more reactive than the old one. Your balance updates daily so you have a clear reflection of where your account stands, but you'll still get a monthly summary, this has no impact on you processing a refund. More info on how to process that here.

@Ed_OVO , Any news on April billing? Still nothing being displayed on my account apart from the odd zero summary.

Paul

Hey @Ivor Appleyard, I’ve moved your topic over here, as it’s very similar.

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL SAYING MY STATEMENT IS READY I CANNOT FIND IT FOR APRIL TO MAY.

We’re switching the majority of our customers over to the new online system, as the old system will soon be obsolete. 

All feedback is really helpful for us, so we know what parts need improving, so thanks for letting us know your criticisms.

The previous statements should be loaded onto your account soon, so you should be able to see everything in the coming weeks.

If there’s anything you stuck trying to do, we’re creating a bunch of tutorials which may help you navigate the new system better.

Thanks,

Ed

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I don’t know who is the Moderator of the Day, but I’d like to point out that both @Ivor Appleyard and @Paul5 are now reporting that they are completely missing a monthly Statement, due sometime in April.

@Ed_OVO did you pursue this last week on behalf of Paul5?

How widespread is the issue?

No they are upgrading every ones account i checked mine and found my latest statement missing ovo says they will have the problem sorted in the next 2 or 3 weeks not good enough you should not do a upgrade if every thing is all over the place it was very easy to understand my old account till ovo put there size nines in and messed every thing up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks @Ivor Appleyard . I’m aware of the software changes that are being made, and the range of issues which have been reported on the Forum since customers started to be migrated across.

However, the feedback from you was particularly useful because I wasn’t aware that Statements/Bills could be omitted until you mentioned it here.

In fairness, OVO have had little choice but to make this move. Their previous in-house Billing system was created by a 3rd party. However, it failed to correctly provide sufficiently accurate forward estimates (in three different categories) which resulted in an investigation by Ofgem and a hefty fine.

There was no point persisting with the “old” software if it was unable to comply with Ofgem’s rules for licensed domestic Energy Suppliers.