Solved

How do I change my Direct Debit date?

• 25 August 2017
  • 45 replies

Hi there,

I would like to know if and how I can change my direct debit date?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 25 August 2017, 18:35

View original

45 replies

Userlevel 5

Updated on 03/11/23 by Abby_OVO

Great question, of course you can change your Direct Debit date. The easiest way to do this is via your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS). 

Check out the ‘Payments’ page - you can change your payment date by clicking on the ‘Change Direct Debit date’ button,

Exact appearance may vary

If the payment is due in the next 5 days, the change won’t apply until next month.

You can find out more about Direct Debits on our FAQs.

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Hello, I was wondering if there's any way of changing the date of my direct debit please? I can't find anything on the app which would let me do it on there.
Userlevel 7
Hi @alicesmith6

Welcome to the forum and for posting your question here!

I've moved your question here as its already been asked by another user so the answer is above!

Hope this helps, comment below if you need anything else!

Darran
I don't get paid untill the last day of every month and it's been set up to be taken on the 28th of each month. I need to change it to be taken out on the first of every month.
Userlevel 7
Hi @Jessgillies Welcome to our forum!!

Thanks for posting your question, I have moved it here as its something that has already been asked by another user!

Hope this helps. Check out the other areas of the forum, really hope you find something to comment on or get involved in!

Any other questions, get posting so that others can help :)

Darran
Userlevel 5
@Jessgillies I responded to your recent private message about this - hope it helps!

Lucy
Hi, I’m a new customer and my 1st DD payment is scheduled to be taken from 9th October.
How do I change the date as no option is available within the App or online?
Is it possible to change the date of my DD to earlier in the month?
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the forum @Pebzarolla and @1cliff!

I have moved your questions over here as other users have already asked this! Please see above.

Hope this helps, any other questions, please search or get posting! (don't forget to add a profile picture and update your profile too!)

Darran
Can anyone point me in the right direction yo change direct debit date please.
Userlevel 7
Can anyone point me in the right direction yo change direct debit date please.

@Vicki0 the 'Best Answer' (at the top) is what you need!

Tim
Already dealt with thanks. Thought the response may have come along a bit quicker.
So I've just switched to your company, and had my direct debit confirmation through the post. It says that the date of collection for the amount to be debited is the 3rd of January, however I don't get paid from work until the 10th January.. Are we able to change the day it gets collected?
Hey @Ryanjsh

Thanks for getting involved! Check out Lucy's 'Best Answer' at the top.

Cheers,
Emily
I need to change the date of my DD, how do I go about it please. Many thanks.
I need to change the date of my DD, how do I go about it please. Many thanks. all I did was ring them up they did it very quickly for me.
I need to change the date of my DD, how do I go about it please. Many thanks.

Feel free to PM us on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number,
@Kris50 - we'll be able to change the Direct Debit date for you.

Thanks,
Emma
Hi,

I am in the process of switching from my old supplier on March 7th i have been told.
My direct debits have always been around my pay day which is the 15th of each month,so can OVO start from this date if the switch happens on the date they have said?
Thanks
Hey @valleyboy22

I've moved your query over to an existing topic on Direct Debits. We'd be more than happy to change your Direct Debit date to the 15th of every month - just send us a PM on our Facebook page, including your full name, account number (or full address) and DoB. https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy/

Thanks,
Emily
the date my account is sorted is the day before my direct debit date can i move this to the day before so my account will not read Debt
Userlevel 5
@ssrout

Good evening! :)

A quick free call to customer services should get you sorted.

They are on 0330 303 5063, they will give you a choice of better dates to suit your needs.

They are super quick at answering and very friendly too!

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Bumblebee

🙂
thanks
I have just moved to OVO today. However my app is telling me that my withdrawal date is 28/06/18 for my direct debits. I want my debits on the 2nd of each month, how do I arrange this. As I can’t find anywhere on the app to ammend this.
Userlevel 7
@Plendrum I've moved your query to this topic - check out the 'best answer' at the top!
Can I change my direct debit to come out on the 1st of the month