Solved

I'm in lockdown away from home - How can I read the meters?

• 19 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Dear officer,

Due to the challenging time, we can not read the meters correctly.

Currently, we have moved out and closed all the electric appliances except the refrigerator in the apartment. So basically, the bill is not high as the statement.

And our lease is until September and we will not continue our lease and move to another apt, which means if we pay more, it means that the money will only be stored in the balance of OVO account and cannot be used.

So could you help us read the correct meters or do you have other methods to help us?

icon

Best answer by Transparent 19 May 2020, 11:11

Hi @Zecong and welcome to the Forum

This is a discussion site for energy customers. We are not OVO and their Customer Services Staff do not read what you post here.

It is difficult to help you as I do not know whether you have old-style meters or Smart Meters. And, of course, only OVO know the details of your Contract.

I suggest that you email the team and tell them of your situation.

Please make sure you provide enough information for them to verify who you are:

• The name on your account
  • The address of the Apartment
  • Your account number

Since you will be paying by Direct Debit, it is likely that the amount can be reduced. There are rules for this issued by Ofgem. OVO must be certain that amount you pay is enough to cover the final bill.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Zecong and welcome to the Forum

This is a discussion site for energy customers. We are not OVO and their Customer Services Staff do not read what you post here.

It is difficult to help you as I do not know whether you have old-style meters or Smart Meters. And, of course, only OVO know the details of your Contract.

I suggest that you email the team and tell them of your situation.

Please make sure you provide enough information for them to verify who you are:

• The name on your account
  • The address of the Apartment
  • Your account number

Since you will be paying by Direct Debit, it is likely that the amount can be reduced. There are rules for this issued by Ofgem. OVO must be certain that amount you pay is enough to cover the final bill.

Userlevel 5

Hey @Zecong, thanks for getting involved here on the forums!

@Transparent’s right, it’s going to be best to get in touch with us directly so we can have a look at your individual circumstances, to work out the best course of action for you.

If you’ve got social media, you could always send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages if you’d prefer!