Solved

High estimated usage - will I be refunded?

• 29 May 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I received my first gas and electricity bill last week, which was based on estimates since I had only provided a reading when I moved in. However, after realising I needed to submit monthly readings, I submitted the readings straight away and realised I was overcharged. In that month, I spent less energy than what was actually estimated.

Will the amount I was charged for be adjust now that the real usage can be calculated? How will I be refunded for that?

Many thanks for your help!

Laura
icon

Best answer by Transparent 30 May 2018, 15:55

Hi @Laura,

Welcome to the Forum :)

I'm unsure if you realise that the OVO Forum is responded to by fellow customers, rather than OVO Customer Support.

However, I can answer your question...

The actual readings you've just submitted will be used to calculate the next bill. Since this is cumulative, it will automatically adjust for the previous high estimates. You need do nothing more.

You don't say if you are paying by Direct Debit, nor when your contract started. If you fill in these details on your Forum Profile it helps us to give more accurate responses. But feel free to post here again if you'd like clarification of the billing process.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Laura,

Welcome to the Forum :)

I'm unsure if you realise that the OVO Forum is responded to by fellow customers, rather than OVO Customer Support.

However, I can answer your question...

The actual readings you've just submitted will be used to calculate the next bill. Since this is cumulative, it will automatically adjust for the previous high estimates. You need do nothing more.

You don't say if you are paying by Direct Debit, nor when your contract started. If you fill in these details on your Forum Profile it helps us to give more accurate responses. But feel free to post here again if you'd like clarification of the billing process.
I appear to have been over-charged for my gas this month (October) Under my usage it says around £15 but I've been charged about £44 for gas the past month. This is probably just an error as £44 is more than double what we've ever had to pay for gas. How can I get this rectified?
Userlevel 6
Hi @elliotrussell,

I've moved your question onto this topic about gas bills.

Sounds like you might have been billed to estimated readings. Have a look at @Transparent's answer above for more information about how to get this corrected.

Cheers,
Nancy