Solved

Where's my Smart Charger ?

• 28 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Ok i’m starting to think it was a big mistake swopping to ovo , i signed up for Ev everywhere with a view to also haveing the V2G installed. For the Free smart charger i sent all my photo’s as well as the V2G guy came and took loads of photo’s , I have been told i need a Fuse upgrade from nothern power grid and it will cost 3k , they havent even been to the house to verify whats installed, as for the Free Smart charger i havent heard anything at all. ?? 

icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 29 November 2019, 13:36

Hi @pauldb38 This is not a good start, but I’ve checked in with the team to try and find out what’s going on.  

This is what I have back so far.  Specifically on the DNOs side, they will use the information we provide about the fuse cut-out rate, so given we did a survey that info was very likely passed on to the DNO, they wouldn't need to go and do their own survey.  That might explain why they haven’t been in touch. 

It sounds as though there’s an issue with your main fuse needing an upgrade, hence the cost you mentioned to get this work done.  This is primarily for the excavation works needed to upgrade the network cabling needed accommodate the main fuse upgrade.

So as you know,  we did a site survey, however the surveyor was unable to measure the maximum demand using a clamp reading due to the complexity of your setup (battery storage and solar was mentioned in survey notes). What seems to have fallen over in the follow up is you were supposed to have your DNO, Northern Power Grid, visit the site to check the fuse and provide an exact quote yesterday, but we heard they didn't turn up due to the surveyor being on holiday.  The team have confirmed however that survey is being rearranged between yourself and the DNO we believe, and the team here are chasing them up to make sure this goes ahead. 

I hope that helps, I’d advise contacting the Kaluza team direct at support@kaluza.com  

Thanks

Darran 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @pauldb38 This is not a good start, but I’ve checked in with the team to try and find out what’s going on.  

This is what I have back so far.  Specifically on the DNOs side, they will use the information we provide about the fuse cut-out rate, so given we did a survey that info was very likely passed on to the DNO, they wouldn't need to go and do their own survey.  That might explain why they haven’t been in touch. 

It sounds as though there’s an issue with your main fuse needing an upgrade, hence the cost you mentioned to get this work done.  This is primarily for the excavation works needed to upgrade the network cabling needed accommodate the main fuse upgrade.

So as you know,  we did a site survey, however the surveyor was unable to measure the maximum demand using a clamp reading due to the complexity of your setup (battery storage and solar was mentioned in survey notes). What seems to have fallen over in the follow up is you were supposed to have your DNO, Northern Power Grid, visit the site to check the fuse and provide an exact quote yesterday, but we heard they didn't turn up due to the surveyor being on holiday.  The team have confirmed however that survey is being rearranged between yourself and the DNO we believe, and the team here are chasing them up to make sure this goes ahead. 

I hope that helps, I’d advise contacting the Kaluza team direct at support@kaluza.com  

Thanks

Darran 

My fuse states 100A on the cover the Dno said they would visit but told me i had a 96amp fuse over the phone which seems an odd number for a fuse. I have made calls to the DNO but as yet no date for them to come and check. Passing silly quotes for electric works without them actually coming to the property is pointless. The DNO doesn't know where you plucked out of thin air the quote for 3.5k to do electric works and told me they have not quoted on the job!

So that covers the V2G but what about the smart charger I signed up for the ev anywhere tariff to get the free charger that was the whole point of switching, again nothing, even though I had a survey from Charge EV and also me sending photos in ? Everyone seems to be pointing the finger at each other alas all i want is the work to be done not excuses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @pauldb38 that’s really frustrating!  Sorry it’s becoming a difficult journey.  

As per my previous post, please reach out directly to the Kaluza support team.  There is little we can do on the forum to help with this specific issue.  They are the team I’ve been liaising with, so will be wuicker and easier in this case to go direct.  

Hope this gets resolved soon. 

Darran