When will my smart charger be installed?

• 3 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Greetings to all,

Trying to be greener and do my bit so have bought an electric vehicle.

Submitted applications and all required details to Ovo for EV everywhere package and selected home EV charger option on 4th July.

Since then I have had a minor operation courtesy of NHS 8th July.
Taken wife and daughter to Heathrow to start 6 week vacation in Hong Kong 20th July.
Been to a funeral 22nd July.
Had a long weekend in Bruge and The Netherlands 2nd to 5th August.
Had a follow up appointment with NHS consultant 22nd August.
Bought 2 Dutch Bicycles 27th August.
Visited Bath 1st September.
Collected wife and daughter from Heathrow following their 6 week vacation in Hong Kong 2nd September.
Run my company including 2 payroll runs and 1 vat return.
Had root canal dental work today 3rd September.......perhaps that's why I am in a bad mood, or is it because I am still waiting for this (please insert suitable word of your own choice here) EV charger to be installed.

Fortunately I do not rely on an electric vehicle while it gathers dust.

Phone calls and emails to Ovo, Charged EV, Kaluza yield pathetic responses of "its being looked at" or its the other company. This seems like really poor service and performance to me but maybe I am wrong about this so please can others let me know, is this an acceptable level of performance? Please post yes or no.

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Sorry to hear you're still waiting for your smart charger instillation, @Mr Dis Gruntled. We've raised with the team and they've confirmed someone will be in touch very soon, if they haven't been already to sort this out for you.

Not a great experience, but one we are definitely working on to improve!
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Mr Dis Gruntled in response to your question - no, this isn't an acceptable level of service. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience.

ChargedEV manage the installation part of the process, and so I have raised and escalated with them and have asked for a member of their team to get in touch with you as soon as possible. If you have still heard nothing by midday tomorrow, please could you let me know and I will escalate further.

Thanks,

Hari