OVO contracts and Ubitricity lamp-post chargers for EVs

• 24 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Discussion around the tie up between OVO and Ubitritcity for the lamp-post charging schemes for electric vehicles.

Anyone have experience of the Ubitricity lamp-post charging system?

Are OVO involved in the mobile electricity contract for the Ubitricity Smart Cable bundle for the scheme in Wandsworth, London?

If so is there any advantage from a billing or price perspective if I also had an OVO domestic contract?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
DAre OVO involved in the mobile electricity contract for the Ubitricity Smart Cable bundle for the scheme in Wandsworth, London? If so is there any advantage from a billing or price perspective if I also had an OVO domestic contract?

Good question @pgc

We have lots of EV users in the community, so I'll tag some to see if they've ever had experience of Ubitricity lamp-post charging..... @Paul @andyfras @jingl33 @ellisbirt @Peetee @Absolute Zero @Lovesolar @ITGeek123 @aaronr @Brummiejon @Delboy

OVO's partnership with Ubitricity is currently limited to the trial in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. We are looking into ways to expand the partnership, including streamlining billing for OVO customers, but this is not possible at the moment.

We're glad to see you're benefiting from Ubitricity's awesome solution for urban charging though!
Userlevel 4
Badge
Never tried lamp-post charging as there are no devices where I regularly travel to.