Solved

How long is the cable on the tethered OVO smart charger?

• 1 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi there

I am an existing OVO customer interested in the EV Everywhere plan.  I have some questions about the charger that I hope someone can answer:

1. how long is the cable on the tethered charger?
  2. the eligibility questions for the charger ask when i bought the car.  Is this when I purchased the car (April 19) or when it was registered (Dec 15)?  one answer makes me eligible and one does not.
  3. I understand that the smart charger can regulate when it works to ensure that green energy is used as much as possible.  That may not work for me so I want to check that the “boost” function can be used at any time to override this.

Thanks!

Martyn

icon

Best answer by UC Bear 6 November 2019, 09:44

Hi @noakhouse 

I can answer Q1 and Q3:

My tethered cable is approx 4m however I’m sure that it must be possible to instal any reasonable length as required. I expect there will be a cost impact as the cable will not be cheap.

I can confirm that pressing the Boost button overides the “Smart” function and starts the charging cycle immeadiately.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @noakhouse 

I’ve made your comment into a new topic, as I think others will have this same question and I want a good answer to be easy to find. 

It might be best if we get someone with first hand experience to answer this - anyone able to advise @DrMatt @Paul @UC Bear @atomcraft ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @noakhouse 

I can answer Q1 and Q3:

My tethered cable is approx 4m however I’m sure that it must be possible to instal any reasonable length as required. I expect there will be a cost impact as the cable will not be cheap.

I can confirm that pressing the Boost button overides the “Smart” function and starts the charging cycle immeadiately.

You can contact their customer support number to ask you any queries and believe me, their customer support team is very helpful. Even I have taken their help to solve my Quickbooks tech support problems.

The cable length is good enough and I think it is around 2 meters. I can work on both my  mobile and Office.com/setup after using this cable.

The cable is long enough to charge your smartphone from a good distance. You can contact the Geek Squad tech support team to buy this product.