Solved

How long is the cable on the tethered OVO smart charger?

• 1 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi there

I am an existing OVO customer interested in the EV Everywhere plan.  I have some questions about the charger that I hope someone can answer:

1. how long is the cable on the tethered charger?
  2. the eligibility questions for the charger ask when i bought the car.  Is this when I purchased the car (April 19) or when it was registered (Dec 15)?  one answer makes me eligible and one does not.
  3. I understand that the smart charger can regulate when it works to ensure that green energy is used as much as possible.  That may not work for me so I want to check that the “boost” function can be used at any time to override this.

Thanks!

Martyn

icon

Best answer by UC Bear 6 November 2019, 09:44

Hi @noakhouse 

I can answer Q1 and Q3:

My tethered cable is approx 4m however I’m sure that it must be possible to instal any reasonable length as required. I expect there will be a cost impact as the cable will not be cheap.

I can confirm that pressing the Boost button overides the “Smart” function and starts the charging cycle immeadiately.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @noakhouse 

I’ve made your comment into a new topic, as I think others will have this same question and I want a good answer to be easy to find. 

It might be best if we get someone with first hand experience to answer this - anyone able to advise @DrMatt @Paul @UC Bear @atomcraft ? 

You can contact their customer support number to ask you any queries and believe me, their customer support team is very helpful. Even I have taken their help to solve my Quickbooks tech support problems.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @noakhouse 

I can answer Q1 and Q3:

My tethered cable is approx 4m however I’m sure that it must be possible to instal any reasonable length as required. I expect there will be a cost impact as the cable will not be cheap.

I can confirm that pressing the Boost button overides the “Smart” function and starts the charging cycle immeadiately.

The cable is long enough to charge your smartphone from a good distance. You can contact the Geek Squad tech support team to buy this product.

The cable length is good enough and I think it is around 2 meters. I can work on both my  mobile and Office.com/setup after using this cable.

@Jamessmith01 are you sure about the length of the cable because one of a colleague working with CTF loader told me that it is around 1.5 meters.