News

Get your free smart charger via MyOVO, with EV Everywhere!

Get your free smart charger via MyOVO, with EV Everywhere!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Existing OVO customers and EV Everywhere

The government are now saying 2030 would be a feasible date to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars.

In order to ensure we are keeping up with momentum, existing OVO customers can now sign up to EV Everywhere and get a free Smart Charger.

You can sign up through MyOVO

More info on EV Everywhere here.

Refer your friends to our EV Everywhere energy tariff and we'll treat you both to a £50 Gift Card from Tesco, John Lewis (including Waitrose) or Amazon when they join.

Smart by name. Smart by nature.

Thought your EV couldn't get any greener? With charging that works around your schedule and the availability of renewable energy, you can drive an EV that's more sustainable than ever by reducing your charging emissions by up to 22%.

All details can be found here.

12 replies

It appears the focus of OVO in this area is on new OVO customers. As an existing customer who is about to make a car purchase I need to know what OVO can provide.

I am looking for a home charger with its own 3G/4G comms

A reply would be welcome.

Thanks
Userlevel 5
This sounds like it could be right up your street, what do you guys think? 😎🚘🔌

Would you go for 2 years free POLAR Plus membership? Or the free smart charger?

@ITGeek123 @liz18 @Peetee @Speedbird @tony1tf @WAH64 @andyfras @RogerB @DrMatt @UC Bear @EVMatt @Robdog @Snaxmuppet @MURPHYJIM @Physal
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Eva_OVO

I would definitely go for the 2 years free POLAR plus membership. Only because I already have a Pod point charging point installed. But if I was a new customer with no charging point installed in my home. I would go for the smart charger from OVO 😍
Userlevel 3
Badge
So will I have to switch from OVO and after a little interval switch back in order to qualify for the two year free Chargemaster/Polar. subscription ?
Presently my free subscription expires at the end of October.
I am reminded of the currently running TV commercial in which an existing customer disguises himself in order to gain a benefit only available to new customers.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Peetee

Good question dude. But isn't that if you are looking to renew? So you may have to wait for your contract to end. I mean you can try disguising yourself with a fake mustache, wig and glasses and see how far you get 😂
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@D600

Have you looked into OVO amazing smart charger?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/ev-everywhere/smart-charger
Yes, it is for switchers to OVO. Certainly the first step mentioned is that and the comments on this forum suggest that is the case.
I keenly await an OVO staff member confirming otherwise, and then will move on.
Userlevel 3
We already have a 3.3kW charger, but would like to upgrade - hope we still qualify for the OLEV grant. Also, would like both Polar Plus subscription and the charger, but can't tick both boxes.

On another issue - looking at the Smart charger specs, although it has an ethernet connection, I can't see if there is any way of monitoring the output from our Solar PV system, which is really what I want it to do. Has anyone got more comprehensive details?

Tony
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@tony1tf

Whenever people ask me if they should go for the 3kw or pay extra for the 7kw I always say pay for the extra 7kw as it kind of future proofs you for bigger battery cars in the future. I looked at 22kw with pod point but would need to pay for my circuit board to be upgraded 😥

As I believe it is one or the other for EV everywhere tariff. Either smart charger or Polar plus subscription. Personally I would go with the Polar Plus subscription if you already have a charging point at home. Also OLEV grant can only be used for one car at one home. This was something I asked Pod point a long time ago when my partner purchased her zoe after I got my Nissan Leaf.

Although this may be different now as it was a few years ago
Userlevel 5
Take a look at this topic, @D600! 🙂
Userlevel 3
Thank you @ITGeek123
I rang ChargedEV who also install the Kaluza smart charger which OVO are providing. They stated that you can have another OLEV grant if you have a second electric car - I'm working on my wife presently, but we have an old reliable diesel car which owes us nothing, so it's difficult to justify an expensive electric car as a second car. The website at ChargedEV also mentions upgrades are coming to monitor Solar PV to control the charger - something that OVO ought to mention.
Tony