Solved

Attributes of New Chargemaster Rapid Chargers

• 7 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

Are the new rapid chargers faster or the same as the current Chademos?
icon

Best answer by au_tom_otive 7 February 2018, 12:58

@Pfrost Our Ultracharge rapid chargers support 50kW DC charging using CHAdeMO and CCS connectors, as well as 43kW AC charging using a Type 2 connector.

@ellisbirt Thanks for the feedback - we worked very hard to ensure that the units are incredibly easy to use, to ensure that even those new to driving an EV can connect their car within a few seconds!
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
I cannot speak for charge time, because my LEAF can only make use of 50KW (few ChaDeMo compatible cars can), but their user interface is far more responsive.
Userlevel 1
@Pfrost Our Ultracharge rapid chargers support 50kW DC charging using CHAdeMO and CCS connectors, as well as 43kW AC charging using a Type 2 connector.

@ellisbirt Thanks for the feedback - we worked very hard to ensure that the units are incredibly easy to use, to ensure that even those new to driving an EV can connect their car within a few seconds!
Beware of these rapid chargers. They will slap a £10 per hour overcharge fee on you if you stay over 90 minutes.
this has just wiped out any previous savings made. Phoned Polar to complain, but all the guy said was that I should cancel my direct debit, which I will be doing straight away. Watch-out guys this lot are out to get you. The charging point in question is at a wedding venue - so not much chance to sneak out and unplug the car. Rip-off Britain!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey Dirk

I replied to you other comment over here:

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/chargers-and-charging-points-88/overcharge-fees-on-rapid-chargers-5444

We are looking into this.

Darran
Userlevel 2
Leaving an electric car connected to a charger after it is fully charged is just as bad as non EV cars being parked at charging points so a fine is justified to teach a lesson to thoughtless owners.
Jim