Waiting for refund

• Savvy*
  • 1 reply

I left Ovo on the 2nd of Jan and I am still waiting for final bill and refund.

I have contacted both Ovo and my new supplier and they have both told me that it could take upto another six weeks as they have not received opening meter reading.

Is there anything else I can do, I don't want to be waiting months.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Enzo,

I have discussed this on a previous occasion with the Office of the Energy Ombudsman.

It is entirely the responsibility of the Receiving Supplier to verify your data and upload it to the National Database.

Once they do this, the Relinquishing Supplier (OVO) have a few days to raise any objection such as querying a meter reading or reference number.

A fortnight after OVO agree/acknowledge the transfer they can generate their Final Bill. They don't do it earlier than this because the Consumer Credit Act gives you 14 days to change your mind.

So in this case it comes down to whether you furnished the Receiving Supplier with your meter readings on or about the agreed Switch-date. If you did so, then you need to check their Complaints Procedure and implement the first stage.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply.
I did give closing meter readings but the two companies do not seem to he communicating with each other.

I have contacted both to try and get the ball rolling, so I will probably just have to wait and see.

I just don't want to be waiting months.

Thanks again for your reply.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close