Tutorial

How to update your contact details on the OVO app

How to update your contact details on the OVO app
Userlevel 7

Updated on 15/02/24 by Abby_OVO

Recently changed your phone number or email address and need to update the details we’ve got logged on your OVO account?

We’ve made it much easier to do this yourself on the OVO app (download for Android or iOS), here’s how.

Step 1

Click the ‘Account’ tab at the bottom of the homepage, and near the top, under the Name, Address and Account number will be the ‘Update your contact details’ section - click this to take you into the updating page.

Step 2

Here you can view all your profile details. If any need to be changed, click ‘Change’ a next to the detail you’d like to update

Step 3

Happy with the changes? Press ‘Update me!’ to confirm them, or ‘Not right now’ to restore the previous saved details.

Exact appearance may vary

If you experience any issues doing this, you can contact the Support Team who’ll be able to help.

33 replies

Userlevel 1

There appear to be some serious issues with your new CRM and new customer portal:

1. We are now receiving paper bills, T&Cs, and letters - we don’t want any paper. One reason to choose OVO initially was because of its scrappy start-up/green credentials - now you are likely sending thousands of letters needlessly because your IT department can’t migrate your customer database properly (don’t you test before you migrate?)
  2. I have been through the new My OVO portal - the profile section appears to have been dumbed down so much that I cannot find what I am looking for - where exactly do I verify that I should not be receiving paper?
  3. My name is listed as being jointly responsible for billing, however I can find no mention of that fact in the My OVO profile - where do find this fact listed?
Userlevel 3

Thanks for reaching out @tjoski 

I’ve moved you questions to this existing topic about our new online account experience. Here you can see how you edit your account preferences around how you receive communications from OVO. 

As far as I’m currently aware, you should only be able to see the main account holder’s information via the online account, but I will do some further digging to check if this is accurate.

Speak soon,

Userlevel 1

Bradley - I just went through the profile section. There is NO mention of paper bills vs no paper bills. There IS a section about marketing, but that is different to paper bills. Please tell me where EXACTLY I can change this feature (I am using a Firefox browser on a standard computer).

Userlevel 7

Are you and the account holder both financially liable contacts on the account, @tjoski ?

If you are, and there’s the same email address for both account profiles, this should explain why we’re sending out paper communication. @Bradley_OVO can I get a sense check on that?

If so, changing the email address on either of the account names should allow you to both receive email communications, with no paper required. 

Userlevel 1

I don’t know if we are both responsible as there is no record of it on the account. I did set up the account, and my email address is on it, but the acconut is under Tanis Jardin’s name and bank account details. I did deal with OVO people when there was an issue with getting a smart meter installed - it is possible they added my name as being responsible. However - again - there is no mention of my name anywhere in the My OVO profile. We did NOT receive paper bills/statements/terms until recently when you switched your CRM to Salesforce.

To make life easier - this is becoming ridiculous - please remove my name as being responsible for the bill. Then we can see what the issues are.

By the way we are receiving letters to both of our names.

Userlevel 4

@Tim_OVO that’s where the issue stems from as far as I know.

@tjoski - We can remove you from the account to get this sorted, you’d just need to get in touch directly with us to get this sorted. You could message us on FacebookTwitter and if you don’t have social media, webchat via the Help centre.

Userlevel 1

So how is this not direct? And by the way, I will bet you £100 removing me is not going to solve the various serious problems you have with your customer-facing software.

Userlevel 1

I have just gone through the process of removing myself. I will wait 24 hours and then log onto My OVO to see if we can find the “No Paper” button finally.

Userlevel 4

We can’t share personal info here as others would be able to see it, which isn’t safe, @tjoski. It’s best not to PM us either, as we have a different mod each day, so if you message me, I might not pick this up for a while.

If you get in touch via the methods I gave earlier, you’ll get a much quicker response, and we’ll be able to get this sorted for you.

Userlevel 1

Thank you - I used the webchat in the Help Centre

Userlevel 7

Thanks @tjoski - could you come back and update us, to confirm if this was the cause and the fix?

It will help anyone else with the same question :)

Userlevel 1

Hi OVO

I just logged onto the account on My OVO, and again I cannot find the option to not receive paper statements (please read the messages from the top). Where do I find this?

Userlevel 5

The option will be on the profile page, @tjoski

Is there anyone else named on your account? If there is, I’d recommend checking to see if they’ve registered their email address. If they haven’t and they’re financially liable on the account we’ll send paper statements. They’ll need to register their email address and update their preferences to stop the paper statements. 

Userlevel 1

Hi - Please read through the messages. I was listed as also also being financially liable - my name was taken off the account yesterday (see above). However - as I wrote above - I cannot find the place in the profile section or elsewhere where you can confirm that paper statements should not be sent (numerous paper statements etc have  been sent to me AND to the named person in the profile). So once again - for the fifth time - where exactly in the My OVO account do I this???

Userlevel 7

where exactly in the My OVO account do I this???

Paper statements shouldn’t be an option for members to toggle on and off via their online account.  But we do default to this if a financially liable contact doesn’t have an email address. 

You can confirm the email address registered to the account holder and edit as shown here:

I think you can only view the profile of the account holder. In other words, you can’t select the second financially liable profile to check and amend the email address. This would need to be done via our support teams, which are on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat!.

But this section is where you switch between accounts:

I haven’t actually seen this in action. I’d appreciate you trying this and letting us know if you can toggle between profiles of financially liable contacts @tjoski ?

Userlevel 1

Hi

In our case, for our contract with OVO - there is now only one party (that party is obviously financially liable), one email address, and one account. Can you confirm that no paper statements will be sent (by default)?

Userlevel 3

Hey @tjoski 

Although we cannot guarantee you won’t receive paper communications from OVO, this may only happen if there’s an issue on the account. 

I recommend that at any point that you receive paper comms from the OVO team, that you reach out to our support team asking these to be stopped. We’re on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat!

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Re paper statements - I hope that is correct and we will not receive anymore.

New issue - I was locked out of this forum for the 2nd time in three days - each time the forum would not accept the password (and yes I checked very carefully).

Each time I reset the password to the same password I was trying to use anyway. What is causing this issue now?

Userlevel 3

Hey @tjoski 

Please check out this topic here, and see if @Darran_OVOs comments near the end of the thread help you with your forum login issue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

You are correct - I believe I was using my email address instead of the user name - my mistake

My gas and electricity account has recently switched from SSE to OVO and for some reason my old account from a old address is attached to my account.  

To break it down I used to own a property in Pembrokeshire that had OVO and I couldn't bring it with me when I moved to another county. So I switched from OVO to SSE now OVO has purchased SSE and my old address that I obviously no longer live at is attached to my "so called" new account. 

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @Screwgalbinder 

Welcome to the Forum, sorry to hear of the mix up with the account details.

We don’t have account access here, are you able to see on your OVO online account if the supply address is wrong or if it’s just for the correspondence address?

Our Support Team will be able to help get the details updated correctly for you.

Our Support team’s web messaging and WhatsApp opening hours will be:

• 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday 

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

You can see all open contact channels via our Help Centre

Hi,

My personal information is correct but my address is wrong. I've spoken to OVO customer service and they said they are having technical issues and the account I have is an old account that was closed in 2022, and my new account has been transferred over from SSE and has been live since the 25th of April 2023. Its just not available for me to view which is quite worrying and frustrating. I came away with no real solution just told to ring back in a few days. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @Screwgalbinder 

Sorry about the experience you’ve had with this, keep us updated when you’ve been in contact with support again, there may be more advice that we can give after you’ve spoken with them again. 

Hi, just like to add to this thread after many phone calls and trying to set up my account I'm absolutely blown away by how much of a terrible experience I've had with OVO. After being spoken to rudely and clearly lied to about estimated readings when i have given manual readings for the last 7 years as i do not want a smart meter and i requested paper billing sent to my home. I was then put on hold and cut off. And on the basis of this I have decided to switch to another supplier. And after reading all the comments on Google I'm glad I did.