Tutorial

How to switch between multiple accounts on your online OVO account

How to switch between multiple accounts on your online OVO account
Userlevel 7

Updated on 13/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Enjoying the benefits of managing your account by logging in to your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) but have multiple accounts?

As long as both account are on our new online platform you’re able to toggle between the accounts you’re viewing. Simply click ‘Account’ at the top, then ‘Select account’, and you’ll be able to choose which account to view.

Exact appearance may vary

Not seeing this option?

It might be that one of your accounts is yet to be updated. In which case you’ll need to log out of one account and log into the other using your Customer ID number. This is listed on your monthly bill or our Support Team can confirm this for you if you’re not sure.

Please be aware that the mobile phone images shown above are what you’d see when using your online account via your device’s internet browser. This account switching feature is also accessible on the OVO app (Download for Android or iOS)​​

51 replies

I have two accounts at my property with different OVO IDs.  Up until now, I was able to login to each account with its corresponding OVO ID.  Now it seems that I need to use my email addresss but when I log in, it only takes me to one of the accounts.  If I try to login using the OVO ID for the other account, it doesn’t recognise it.

I need to give a meter reading today but can only do so for one of the accounts.

Userlevel 3

Hey @ghines,

I’ve moved you here in the hopes that this topic answers your query. It does sound like you’ve been moved to our new online platform experience, and hopefully you can let us know if this helped you find both of the accounts, and that you were able to submit online meter readings for both.

If you struggle with submitting any meter readings, it’s probably best to contact the team on on FacebookTwitter or the Help centre has online chat. 

All the best,

Thanks @Bradley_OVO but I’m not seeing the “Account” option on the web page.  All I see is “Help and Support”, “Profile” and “Logout”.  The “Account” option on the iOS app also only shows one account.

Is it possible that only one of my accounts has moved to your new system? I seem to remember getting only one email about moving to the new system.

Graham

Userlevel 3

That’s quite possible @ghines 

As we’re unable to see how your accounts have been set up here, I’d advise reaching out to the OVO team via their Facebook or Twitter pages in order to look into this. It would be very interesting to find out what’s happening here.

Please let us know the outcome,

@Bradley_OVO OK.  I’ve sent them an email with the meter reading that I couldn’t do and asked them to look at this issue as well.

I also do not see the 'Accounts' button on the top of the screen. I have tried on my Samsung tablet and laptop on chrome and IE browsers. I only see an old account which I have been told has been deleted numerous times. This is becoming very problematic for me as I'm moving out and need to sort out bills, but have no way of submitting a meter readings.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for posting, @TROUT 

If you need to get the final meter readings submitted for a move out, as a last resort this can always be done via our Support team

If you have multiple accounts with OVO, (as it sounds like you do) you should be able to toggle between them as outlined above. Can you confirm if your homepage looks like this:

See the full moving home guide here

Good Afternoon Ovo Team

What needs to happen for me to access the Account setting at the top of the page so I can access my 2nd Ovo account?  I have 2 accounts on one email address and cannot get in to one of them to enter meter readings, previously I was able to do this.

At the top of the page I see Help & Support, Profile & Logout.

Please advise, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya @SMHughes !

Can you try using your OVO ID’s in this case? They should still work on the new system. But if you keep having trouble, feel free to let us know here and I’ll get @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO to see if they can help out.

In the meantime, you should be able to use the automated phone system to put that other reading in. Sorry for the trouble!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’ve had a think about this one and I may have a possible theory.

It sounds possible that only one of your accounts has been migrated so far, and that the other one is still on the legacy billing system. If this is the case, you should be able to use the account switcher once your other account has been migrated over.

Given the current rate of account migrations seems to be ramping up pretty fast and the fact that there’s only a small group of members still on the old system, I’m tempted to say that your other account will be migrated fairly soon, probably within the next six weeks or so.

However, I definitely think it would be better for members with multiple accounts like yours to have all accounts migrated at the same time as that would be a bit smoother. I’ll see if Tim and Jess can ask about that. :)

Userlevel 7

Hi @SMHughes and welcome to the OVO online community!

Sorry you’re having trouble switching between your accounts when logged in to your online account.

It sounds possible that only one of your accounts has been migrated so far, and that the other one is still on the legacy billing system. If this is the case, you should be able to use the account switcher once your other account has been migrated over.

@Blastoise186 has made a great suggestion here. As the account switching function shown in the screenshots above is only accessible if both accounts have been moved to our new platform, I suspect one of your accounts is still on our original billing platform. We have only a limited number of accounts left on this platform and will be contacting these members when their account is due to be moved across (we can’t guarantee an exact time-frame unfortunately but it should be happening fairly soon). 

In the meantime we’d advise logging in using your customer ID to access your other account. Don’t forget to pop back here and let us know how you get on...

Hi there

I’ve already tried using my customer ID and that doesn’t work either unfortunately.    I’m now unable to access one of my online accounts at all and will have to phone to submit meter readings.

Hope the update is applied quickly and I can switch between accounts.

Regards

Userlevel 7

I’ve already tried using my customer ID and that doesn’t work either unfortunately.    I’m now unable to access one of my online accounts at all and will have to phone to submit meter readings.

Sorry to hear that, @SMHughes as that certainly shouldn’t be the case. It might be worth reaching out to the Support Team, who’ll be able to trouble shoot your login issues in the meantime.

And of course let us know how you find the account switch feature once you’re able to access it...

Hi,

Can you please help me establish whether both my accounts have been migrated over to the new platform yet so I can submit overdue meter readings & switch easily between my 2 accounts.

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome back @SMHughes !

I can try to advise here, but I can’t make any changes.

If you log into the account that you know has been migrated over, do you see an option that says Account at the top rather than Profile? If so, that should indicate that multiple accounts on the same email address have been detected as existing on the new billing platform, so you can switch between them rapidly with the account switcher. If you only see Profile then only one has moved over.

I’ve heard that OVO has been ramping up the account migrations recently, so you should be fully migrated soon. However, if you need to submit readings before then, the Support Team can help out with that. They should be able to help figure out if the migration failed too.

Userlevel 7

Great question, @SMHughes and @Blastoise186 has really hit the nail on the head with this great advice - 

If you log into the account that you know has been migrated over, do you see an option that says Account at the top rather than Profile? If so, that should indicate that multiple accounts on the same email address have been detected as existing on the new billing platform, so you can switch between them rapidly with the account switcher. If you only see Profile then only one has moved over.

If you’ve used the same email address on both accounts but are yet to see the ‘Account’ option in the top right of your online account (check out the updated photo in the top post) one of your accounts is still on our original billing platform.

You’ll receive an email letting you know when this change happens but it shouldn’t be long if you haven’t already received this - keep us updated! :slight_smile:

Please advise the email address to contact Ovo with meter readings while my account is being migrated to the new platform.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sure thing @SMHughes I can do that for you.

It’s actually preferable to submit the readings by phone or live chat rather than by email, as they can be time sensitive. You can find all the contact details over here, including all three methods I mentioned.

I recommend Phone or Live Chat for this as meter readings tend to be time-sensitive and emails can’t always be responded to quickly enough to log the reading while it’s still valid. Hopefully your account will be up and running on the new platform soon. There’s a lot to discover there and we’ll be here if you get stuck. :)

How do I add a second ovo account to my online profile or app ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Martd !

As long as both accounts use the same email address, they should get linked automatically and become available via the profile switch feature.

If you can’t see the other one, have a chat with the Support Team and they can help you set things up. :)

I have 2 accounts, one at my cottage in Clachtoll and one at my home in Inverness. I can access my Clachtoll account online but can’t access the other one. There is no dropdown box on the page so I was told to log in again using the OVO id, which is supposed to appear on all correspondence both on paper and emails. There is no id on either of these. When I contacted the helpdesk I was told I would need 2 email addresses. Can anyone confirm this or know of a solution to overcome this problem.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Inversneckie and thanks for flagging this. 

You should be able to toggle between two different properties via the one online account, as long as they’re registered using the same email address, account holder and account details. This was always done via the top right corner of the online account if you’re on a desktop. 

Can you let me know what you see?

Would appear then that my registration for second account has not been set up. How do I register second account because when I log in it takes me to first account and cannot do anything from there,

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ah yes, I think I know this one.

To access the account that has migrated, you can use your email/password combo to get in. For the other one, I think you’ll need to continue using your My OVO ID for now. If you can’t find it, the Support Team can try to locate it for you - it’s NOT your account number on the bills!

Userlevel 7

Hey @Inversneckie,

Would appear then that my registration for second account has not been set up. How do I register second account because when I log in it takes me to first account and cannot do anything from there,

Is it a new property? Is it already supplied by OVO? We have a great guide that might help:

Let us know if you have any further questions!