Solved

What foods are the least energy?

Help me. I'm fat, I'm hungry. What foods are the least energy? Thanks very much!
icon

Best answer by Slinky 5 December 2018, 15:36

If weight loss is your goal you need 'high energy' low fat foods. If you rely on 'low energy' foods to make you slim you will crave the things that are bad for you. Fruit, vegetables, pulses, nuts in small quantities, fresh fish are all sources of 'good' energy and are generally lower fat than other foods. It's also important to eat enough fibre which swells in the stomach and makes you feel full for longer.

The trick is to reduce your carbohydrates, for example, bread, pasta, rice and anything high in sugar. For 30+ years now I've taken 2 teaspoons of sugar in cups of tea but earlier this year I was identified as being 'pre-diabetes' which scared me silly. I've now stopped taking sugar instead using sweeteners and I've lost just over a stone in weight!! Most people don't realise that rice is very high in sugar and a cup of plain white rice contains around 20 teaspoons of sugar!! A medium sized jacket potato which is often thought of as a 'healthy alternative' also contains around 21 teaspoons of sugar. Just because it doesn't taste sweet doesn't mean it doesn't contain any sugar, using the two previous examples rice and potatoes are very high in starch which is also a form of sugar.

An interesting fact about Celery mentioned above.., you burn more calories eating a stick of celery than it actually contains. That said a diet of celery would not be very appealing to anyone.

Exercising is also important, I'm my own worst enemy where exercise is concerned but just taking a 10 minute walk each day will help those pounds start falling off. For me personally I'm not very active during the winter months and this is when I gain most weight. Come springtime and the return of warmer weather I love taking a nice long walk and interestingly my weight always reduces over the summer months.

Eating sensibly is the key, cut out takeaways and ready meals and make the food yourself using healthy ingredients. You don't need to eat like a rabbit to get slim.

Good luck!

P.S. I had a Hb1ac blood glucose test done in October this year and I'm no longer at risk of Type 2 diabetes and my blood glucose levels are normal, hooray!!

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Here's a link to Google which lists the foods with the least calories, and there's loads of articles listed.

Are you a fan of watercress, arugula, celery or bok choy? 😛
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Just remember if there is a third less on your plate, there will soon be a third less of you, beats celery eh? LOL if this is for health reasons, I wish you well.

Be careful, and consult your GP if trying to lose weight.

Chances are you just need to love yourself a bit more 🙂

Good luck to you 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
If weight loss is your goal you need 'high energy' low fat foods. If you rely on 'low energy' foods to make you slim you will crave the things that are bad for you. Fruit, vegetables, pulses, nuts in small quantities, fresh fish are all sources of 'good' energy and are generally lower fat than other foods. It's also important to eat enough fibre which swells in the stomach and makes you feel full for longer.

The trick is to reduce your carbohydrates, for example, bread, pasta, rice and anything high in sugar. For 30+ years now I've taken 2 teaspoons of sugar in cups of tea but earlier this year I was identified as being 'pre-diabetes' which scared me silly. I've now stopped taking sugar instead using sweeteners and I've lost just over a stone in weight!! Most people don't realise that rice is very high in sugar and a cup of plain white rice contains around 20 teaspoons of sugar!! A medium sized jacket potato which is often thought of as a 'healthy alternative' also contains around 21 teaspoons of sugar. Just because it doesn't taste sweet doesn't mean it doesn't contain any sugar, using the two previous examples rice and potatoes are very high in starch which is also a form of sugar.

An interesting fact about Celery mentioned above.., you burn more calories eating a stick of celery than it actually contains. That said a diet of celery would not be very appealing to anyone.

Exercising is also important, I'm my own worst enemy where exercise is concerned but just taking a 10 minute walk each day will help those pounds start falling off. For me personally I'm not very active during the winter months and this is when I gain most weight. Come springtime and the return of warmer weather I love taking a nice long walk and interestingly my weight always reduces over the summer months.

Eating sensibly is the key, cut out takeaways and ready meals and make the food yourself using healthy ingredients. You don't need to eat like a rabbit to get slim.

Good luck!

P.S. I had a Hb1ac blood glucose test done in October this year and I'm no longer at risk of Type 2 diabetes and my blood glucose levels are normal, hooray!!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings