Fun Friday Facts.......

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Let's have some fun. Every Friday we'll be sharing a Fun Friday fact. It could be energy related or not, but lets enjoy sharing and learning a little along the way.

I'll start with an energy related one, after all that's what we do right!

Did you know although most modern appliances are generally designed to be as energy efficient as they can be. However, some still use energy when you wouldn't think they would. Take phone chargers, for example. These can cost you up to £80 a year, so make sure you switch them off when you're not using them!

Now it's over to you! Look forward to hearing your fun facts. Get sharing!

Darran

184 replies

Userlevel 2
Your chances of being killed by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Great one Cal!

Darran
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
It's that time of the week again, here's our next fun Friday fact!

Did you know people spend 1.3 years of their life on average deciding what to watch on television. Imagine how much energy is used during that time!

Let's have your fun Friday facts! Comment below......

Darran 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
In 2015, more people were killed from injuries caused by taking a selfie than by shark attacks.

I can well believe this!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
That's a good one Emma_G, definitely a shark theme going on here!!

Thinking caps on already, Friday will come around again quickly! 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hooray its Friday, here's your fun fact for this week 🙂

The average person laughs 10 times a day!

Any ideas on how we could collect it and turn it into a renewable energy source.......?

Have a great day.

Darran
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Start by watching Monsters Inc. (Disney Pixar film) as they do this at the end as a way of generating electricity 🙂 (My Son loves the film, so have watched it a fair few times lately)
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Good shout Emma!

We're big fans of that movie in our house too. 🙂

Don't forget to add your own fun Friday fact here as well, we love reading them!

Darran
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
That's crazy! How does that work? Tell me more, Emma_G - I'm intrigued!

Lucy
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Wow, it's Friday again so soon! Not that we're complaining though right?

Hope you all have lovely weekends planned. To get you started, here's the next fun Friday fact:

Did you know, chewing gum burns about 11 calories per hour.

That's some pretty good energy usage! Don't forget to share your fun Friday facts below! 🙂

Darran
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Ok so here we are again, it's Friday!

I'm still waiting for all of you to share your fun facts!! Don't be shy, go for it. We'd love to hear them!

Anyway, for now, here's the latest fun Friday fact.........

More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

(I mean why would you need to when you have an amazing forum like this to post all your questions.....)

Happy Friday! Get sharing your fun facts now!

Darran
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Happy Friday to you all!!

Spring is nearly here, we've seen glimpses of the sun, so here's a sun related fact:

The top of the Eiffel Tower leans away from the sun, as the metal facing the sun heats up and expands. It can move as much as 7 inches.

Don't forget to share your fun facts with everyone by commenting below!

Have a great Friday. 🙂

Darran
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
The policeman who arrived first at the scene of the car-crash that killed Eddie Cochrane was later to become Dave Dee out of Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch.

Speaking of Car-Crashes...

When James Dean showed off his new Porsche Spider to Alec Guiness, Alec Guiness prophetically said "Young man, if you set foot in that car, in 2 weeks you will not be alive". Dean crashed the car and was killed 2 weeks later...

o.O
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
In 1975 Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was replaced at the top of the charts by Mamma Mia by Abba. To date it is the only example of the top spot being claimed by a song whose Title features in the lyrics of its predecessor. Mamma Mia Mamma Mia...

Speaking of Abba...

SOS by ABBA is a Palendromic Title by a Palendromic Band. I'm fairly certain That hasn't happened since, either...
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
OK, this is more of a Trivia Question that fun fact, but I'm doing it anyway. Post your guesses...

If James is 5, Henry is 3 and Edward is 2, who is 1?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Cal wrote:

Your chances of being killed by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark.

Good reason to avoid the vending machines! Should help woth the diet haha
Userlevel 1
Badge
Darran_OVO wrote:

Happy Friday to you all!!

Spring is nearly here, we've seen glimpses of the sun, so here's a sun related fact:

The top of the Eiffel Tower leans away from the sun, as the metal facing the sun heats up and expands. It can move as much as 7 inches.

So does that mean that if you visit the top on a hot summer day you'll be higher than someone who visited the top on a cold winter day? It snowed when i went - so i think i missed out on a bit of height!

Also, a fun fact for me, it opened 99 years and 11 months before i was born ha ha
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Ok so its Friday again, we're all looking forward to the weekend and I know what you're thinking.....

Where's our new fun Friday fact...! Good news, here it is!

Bamboo is the fastest growing woody plant in the world, it can grow up to 35 inches in a single day. Now that’s impressive!

Ok, ok its not so much fun as educational, but its interesting and I think pretty amazing! So enjoy!

Darran
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
After reading this post you will not recognize that the the brain doesn’t recognize the second ‘the’.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Bubble wrap was originally intended to be used as wallpaper.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi everyone, its that time again, this shorter week has flown by!

So this weeks fun fact is more of a did you know.....

Did you know - A pet penguin in Japan named La La walks into town by himself with a backpack every day to collect fish from the local market.

How mad is that!

Hope you all have amazing plans lined up for the weekend. Hopefully some of our newer members will share their fun facts or their plans for the weekend..... @jsleema1, @Angelamagor and @Nomis maybe? Be great to hear from you.

I'm sure we are all hoping @Aadil has a slightly cheaper weekend lined up....!!

Darran 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch is the name of a town in North Wales which translates as “The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio’s of the red cave”. It is believed to be the longest place name in the world.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Keeping with the theme of penguins..... Did you know that Polar bears can eat as many as 86 penguins in a single sitting. (If they lived in the same place). 😳
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Welcome @jsleema1 great fact, although wow that is a lot!

Happy Friday. I'm sure our other members will make you feel welcome, don't forget to check out all the other conversations going on and get involved!!

Darran

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings