Solved

When is the new In Home Display (IHD) being made available?

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Savvy**
  • 8 replies
4 months ago, Community Moderator, Tim, announced that OVO was actually working on a new In Home Display Unit. They were being tested....... He also said "watch this space!".

Has OVO started to install these new units yet please?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 9 August 2017, 11:11

Hey @Himmm and @Rooty

The good news is that for new smart meter installations, we are now supplying the new IHD in limited numbers to extend the trial we were running previously.

As this is a new piece of tech, they are only available in limited numbers while we ramp up supplies, so won't be available just yet for customers that have already had smart meters installed and have the previous version of IHD.

As and when this changes in the future, we will of course let our customers know! We don't want to disappoint anyone but need to ensure they are doing the job we expect to support our customers first rather than just rushing them out to everyone!

Darran

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Any reply to my question Please?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello Tim, Would you be so kind to answer my question please?
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'd like to know the answer to this question too. I'm sure many other users stuck with the 90s technology present in the current in home display :D would be similarity interested.

A follow on question would be: And how do we get our hands on the new display?!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hellooo Tim.....are you there?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hey @Himmm and @Rooty

The good news is that for new smart meter installations, we are now supplying the new IHD in limited numbers to extend the trial we were running previously.

As this is a new piece of tech, they are only available in limited numbers while we ramp up supplies, so won't be available just yet for customers that have already had smart meters installed and have the previous version of IHD.

As and when this changes in the future, we will of course let our customers know! We don't want to disappoint anyone but need to ensure they are doing the job we expect to support our customers first rather than just rushing them out to everyone!

Darran
Userlevel 2
Badge
Not sure how it's good news to me and Himmm that OVO has gone the ol' corporate route of let's "give the nice shiny to new customers first" ploy.

Don't bother to explain. I get it. :D

To be fair to OVO, since anyone who's looked into the fiasco that is the smart meter rollout, I accept you've already "given" me an IHD.

I can only speak for myself, but I'd be quite happy to live without the display -- period -- and go with the realtime web / app option that was mentioned. Of course, this in all likelihood requires the new IHD ... Again, I can only speak for myself, but I'd be willing to pay for it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi @Rooty

Appreciate it might not be good news for you right now, we are absolutely looking at all options around how we support existing customers on this front and will keep you posted as this develops.

Good suggestion re it being an upgrade option if customers were willing to pay to upgrade. We'd want to make sure we were doing the right thing by all of our customers though, so we don't want to charge customers for them if we don't have to.

We will continue to keep you posted.

Darran
Hi Darran,
Is there a date for when the new IHD will be available to customers that got the old IHD?

If this device is still in trial, can customers that got the old IHD volunteer to be beta testers?

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
MadArgy wrote:

Hi Darran,
Is there a date for when the new IHD will be available to customers that got the old IHD?

If this device is still in trial, can customers that got the old IHD volunteer to be beta testers?

Thanks

We’re no longer running the trials. At the moment, we’re collating the feedback so that we’re ready for the release (date TBC).

At the moment, there aren’t any plans to replace customers old IHD’s with the new one but if this changes, we’ll let you know.

Lucy

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close