Solved

Gas smart meter couldn't be fitted as engineer needed different parts - why?

OVO contacted me a while back saying they were installing smart meters in my area. The engineer turned up on the due date and fitted a new electricity meter, but said the pipes to the old gas meter were larger than normal and he didn't have the right size with him, but that he or someone would return to finish the job. That's the last I've heard of it, about 6 weeks ago.

I can't see any way of contacting OVO about specific problems like this.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 11 June 2017, 17:18

John45 wrote:

OVO contacted me a while back saying they were installing smart meters in my area. The engineer turned up on the due date and fitted a new electricity meter, but said the pipes to the old gas meter were larger than normal and he didn't have the right size with him, but that he or someone would return to finish the job. That's the last I've heard of it, about 6 weeks ago.

Hi @John45

There's a few possible reasons for this delay, and for the gas meter not being fitted in the first place. At our end, we can book you in for a gas smart meter appointment provided there is an engineer in your area. But it's worth me looking at the engineer notes first to double check what the issue was the first time round. For me to do this, I'll need some details. I've sent you a PM for these to be sent over.

By the way, I've edited this topic in case other users are waiting on their gas smart fitting and need help knowing what to do.

Thanks,
Tim

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @John45 welcome to the forum and thank you for posting.

It sounds like your job is sat on the system awaiting a human to notice it needs auctioning. If you'd like to send @Emily_OVO a private message with your OVO account number, full name & address & date of birth - Emily can look into this and advise you accordingly.

Hope this helps
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
John45 wrote:

Hi @John45

There's a few possible reasons for this delay, and for the gas meter not being fitted in the first place. At our end, we can book you in for a gas smart meter appointment provided there is an engineer in your area. But it's worth me looking at the engineer notes first to double check what the issue was the first time round. For me to do this, I'll need some details. I've sent you a PM for these to be sent over.

By the way, I've edited this topic in case other users are waiting on their gas smart fitting and need help knowing what to do.

Thanks,
Tim

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close