The Future of Cheaper and Cleaner Energy

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
  • Community Moderator
  • 714 replies

"Switching energy suppliers frequently is one way to take advantage of cheap tariffs, but what if we could change this so that our reliance on companies offering said cheap tariffs would reduce?

We could revolutionise the way we generate energy by turning our homes into mini power stations! You’d need to have solar panels fitted to begin with but what’s really exciting (and very new) is that consumers are beginning to pair solar with batteries to store and either use or export the electricity when it makes most financial sense. This is another great reason for why you should get smart meters installed as they are key to enabling much of the technology and new pricing. Revolutionary or what?

Read the full article on the future of cleaner and cheaper energy here

What are your thoughts?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi Lucy hope you are well!

Are the proposed new storage heater devices workable for people without solar panels?

Its a really silly question but might as well be me who asks it!

Sorry, I'm not that techie hehehee!!!

Thanks @Lucy_OVO

Bumblebee :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Bumblebee wrote:

Are the proposed new storage heater devices workable for people without solar panels?

I can see your question has been answered on this thread @Bumblebee

For anyone else looking, the trials for this Home Energy Storage system are currently only for people without solar or other onsite generation systems, but the plan is for them to be compatible.

Tim
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Thanks @Tim_OVO

That's great news as I may be able to take part!

Thank you for the reply, have a great weekend!
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close