Lights off challenge!

• 21 June 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

It’s the summer solstice today - the day where we have the most of amount of daylight! Sunset will be at approximately 21:31, and we want to give you energy users an energy saving challenge - keep the lights off all evening!

Not only will this save you money by keeping your costs down, but you’ll be doing your bit for the planet too!

Comment below if you managed to pull it off….

8 replies

I'm gonna give this a good go!

If it gets too dark I'll just go to bed early - which is never a challenge for me 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Go on then, I'm up for the challenge as well @Emma_OVO 🆒

We'll use the light from our TV to see what we're doing. An early night isn't realistic for me, let's be honest!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I'm in @Tim_OVO's category - an early night isn't something that exists in my household. Nonetheless I'm gonna give it a go and let you know how I got on in the morning
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
It's 9.45pm here and still no lights on! Not sure how much longer it will last!!

Darran
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
What's the verdict @Lucy_OVO @Emma_OVO @Mattj3135 @Darran_OVO :?

I lasted until gone 10pm (!!!!) but not all evening. I need light when I'm brushing my teeth!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I managed to last till 1am then had to put them on briefly to see my way to bed. Was fun and worth doing again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Only managed til around 10.15pm! Then the lights had to go on!!

Was a great evening though, so nice to it staying light so late!

Darran
I did manage to not have the lights on for a very long time.. but then I had to paint my nails and needed light to see what I was doing!

Emma