Solved

My OVO's 'Energy Breakdown' showing high costs for heating - why?

Userlevel 1
How is my electricity breakdown 'usage' for August showing £9.11 for electric heating when there is no form of electric heating in the house? I thought smart meters were an accurate reading so is my bill too high by £9.11?
icon

Best answer by stateofit 30 September 2017, 20:08

Ah you're talking about the Breakdown thing yes?

It may be that the smart recognition is picking up an appliance and mistaking it for a heater, it only has usage over time to go on...

OR it might be that the system uses national averages as a baseline, and adjusts Your figures over time depending on usage data...

I am totally guessing now by the way...

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Ah you're talking about the Breakdown thing yes?

It may be that the smart recognition is picking up an appliance and mistaking it for a heater, it only has usage over time to go on...

OR it might be that the system uses national averages as a baseline, and adjusts Your figures over time depending on usage data...

I am totally guessing now by the way...
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Pat Moore wrote:

How is my electricity breakdown 'usage' for August showing £9.11 for electric heating when there is no form of electric heating in the house? I thought smart meters were an accurate reading so is my bill too high by £9.11?

Unfortunately I can't give generic information on this one as I’ll need to look at your account. Can you drop me a private message with your name, DoB and OVO account number so I can help you with this, Pat Moore?

Lucy

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close