Solved

Gas smells of parafin

Since about the 15th Decemebr my gas supply smells waxy when burned. At first I thought it was cleaning agents on the hob but the oven and grill also do it. It is getting weaker now but still present after 3 days.
Is it anything I should be worried about?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 19 December 2017, 18:55

Spedley wrote:

Since about the 15th Decemebr my gas supply smells waxy when burned. At first I thought it was cleaning agents on the hob but the oven and grill also do it. It is getting weaker now but still present after 3 days.

Please call the Gas Emergency helpline on 0800 111 999 ASAP so that they can advise on this further. Please also see the follwing link for what to do in a gas emergency; https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/what-to-do-in-an-emergency/.

It could be due to the fuel mix changing slightly, but it’s always best to play it safe so please give the Gas Emergency number a call.

Lucy

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Spedley wrote:

Please call the Gas Emergency helpline on 0800 111 999 ASAP so that they can advise on this further. Please also see the follwing link for what to do in a gas emergency; https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/what-to-do-in-an-emergency/.

It could be due to the fuel mix changing slightly, but it’s always best to play it safe so please give the Gas Emergency number a call.

Lucy

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close